Ebay craziness

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Way too much for a DCC. This sellers whole stock is severely overpriced and I guess he will not sell much at these prices.

Maybe the strategy is to lower the prices to "only" 150 and make it seem like a "bargain" ;-)

This seller has been expensive for a while and I've never bought anything from him - and I do not plan to either...

/Shaft

Went for a mere pittance @ $472.99.

I was checking prices for my Sale List #4 on Amazon, and I remembered this post. There are two used sets of the U.S. Columbia Legacy pressing for $16.99! Can here be THAT much difference in the sound of the "gold" recordings... ? Hmmmmmm ... Maybe I should more chances selling my surplus CDs on Ebay!

• 2 weeks later...

This is not often seen, and something I've long lusted after, but... :blink:

Cecil Taylor FMP Box

There have been several of these on eBay in the past few months, and that price is about par for the course. I'm still kicking myself for passing on the copy I spotted on GEMM a few years ago for $200.

As with any of these things though you can sometimes pick one up cheaper if you get lucky. I managed to get mine for less than $300 including shipping in February. I really only went for it on the basis that it wouldn't cost me that much less to buy the individual cds (assuming you can pick up the FMP CD 0, which I have seen a couple of times since on ebay).

Still haven't had the chance to absorb it properly (or in fact at all really) - feels like it'll be a lifetime of listening.

• 4 weeks later...