Ebay craziness

Maybe this is more maddening than madness, but I've noticed that the shipping/handling prices (particularly for many Ebay stores) have gotten really high. Sometimes over $10 for domestic shipping for a single CD. Just in general, I find Ebay a real drag now and only go to it as a last resort. I did a lot of Ebay shopping in the second wave where it was getting quite popular (2000-2003) but now I find there are too many scam artists, too many sniping programs, too few deals and too many people that want to gouge you on shipping. I'll just stick with the other internet sources from now on.

Regardng the Quebec Hardee set, I seem to remember a comment from Stereo Jack about this set that there were more lp sets than cd sets made. If memory serves, it was one of the first Mosaic sets to be available in cd. It may have already been issued in lp when Mosaic started issuing cd sets (I can't remember).

edit, maybe it was Kevin Bresnahan

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...c=12676&hl=

Edited by Tom in RI

Quebec/Hardee Mosaic set going through the roof...

$667.99 for 3 CDs, with 37 hours to go :o

With about 9 hours to go, it stands at $1,004.99... :crazy:

Now up to $1,259.99 with less than 4 hours to go... That's about $420 a CD... Ouch...

It's likely shill bidding falsely pumping the price up. Ebay's new policies favor shill bidding.

In what way?

Quebec/Hardee Mosaic set going through the roof...

$667.99 for 3 CDs, with 37 hours to go :o

With about 9 hours to go, it stands at $1,004.99... :crazy:

Now up to $1,259.99 with less than 4 hours to go... That's about $420 a CD... Ouch...

It's likely shill bidding falsely pumping the price up. Ebay's new policies favor shill bidding.

In what way?

I apologize for merely duplicating the threat; I was attempting to reply to the question of how anonymous bidding leads to shill bidding. As a bidder one cannot identify the other bidders. I have sometimes spotted shills by noting the same bidder bidding recently on other items from the seller. From e-bay's viewpoint, I suppose that it makes it more difficult for people to solicit the losing bidders in auctions with offers to sell merchandise outside of e-bay thus depriving e-bay of the listing fees. I think that the market should have complete information so that I know who I am bidding against (or in the event that sniping programs were used, who I have bid against).