Miles - On the Corner and Beyond

That list price from Sony for a 6 CD set is really quite ridiculous - $140 is the full list (I know one would never have to buy it for that) - $23+ per disc.

I wonder, is this the record labels' new pricing strategy for stuff of limited/historical interest?

this has been the normal retail prize over here for all of these Miles boxes (except of course those with less discs, BB and IASW, mainly, JJ was almost the same as the 6CD ones).

when's the european release date?

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon UK to the US would be cheaper than Sony's list price

Price (subtracting the VAT discount) = £42.54

Shipping - £0.99 + £2.09 = £3.08

Total = £45.62

= $91.61 shipped

Does Amazon UK automatically subtract the VAT on orders shipped to the US?

amazon UK, Germany and France always did that for my orders - I guess that applies to all foreign orders, then...

edit: just put something in your shopping bag and continue as if you'd order, the prize will be adjusted before you have to finalize the order.

Edited by king ubu

Price change on amazon.co.uk:

Please note that the price of The Complete on the Corner Sessions has decreased from £76.49 to £49.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Basket. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000TLMWMO/

Great stuff ! The best news all week.

Just been told I'm getting this one as a birthday gift. :)

Please note that the price of The Complete on the Corner Sessions has decreased from £76.49 to £49.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Basket. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

ye olde royal hycropite! :ph34r:

Just been told I'm getting this one as a birthday gift. :)

ye olde royal hycropite! :ph34r:

:P

The person buying me the set hasn't quite yet pulled the trigger - I wisely asked them to hang fire until I could find a better price than Amazon's previous £76. Trigger will now be pulled ! :D

I hope thou asketh for a supplement now that the main gift has turned out to be so much cheaper! :g

I'm hesitating if I should pre-order it or if I should just wait until it turns up in local shops - there's one of those cheapo German Media Markt shops around here which usually was where I got these sets, for about 2/3 of what the other shops asked... hell, I guess I'll go with this amazon prize... won't get much cheaper, I assume...

Hmmm. . .my earlier preorder price from cduniverse is four dollars cheaper. Big whoop!

I agree it's pricey. . . but it still feels the same, sort of inflationwise, to me, considering the metal spine (which Cellar Door no got, right?) and to me it seems to have the same fiscal bite as the Evans/Davis box did when it came out (and how I love that one).

I can tell you music wise this is a great box, seems the notes aren't going to top some of the others' if Tingen is to be believed.

Hmmm. . .my earlier preorder price from cduniverse is four dollars cheaper. Big whoop!

I agree it's pricey. . . but it still feels the same, sort of inflationwise, to me, considering the metal spine (which Cellar Door no got, right?) and to me it seems to have the same fiscal bite as the Evans/Davis box did when it came out (and how I love that one).

I can tell you music wise this is a great box, seems the notes aren't going to top some of the others' if Tingen is to be believed.

Hmmm ... pre-order inflation! :o

Still........"Seven Steps" - metal spine - 7 CDs = $10 cheaper (list). I dunno ...

I'm not arguing with you. I see this as the price of doing business. My guess: To get this out, to make money on it, the estate probably dictated this price point. All cds are going up in price all over. So this is the new improved price of this kind of box set.

It's the last one. . . not planned. . . I'm going to be glad to have it and there's not likely to be more. . . .

That list price from Sony for a 6 CD set is really quite ridiculous - $140 is the full list (I know one would never have to buy it for that) - $23+ per disc.

I wonder, is this the record labels' new pricing strategy for stuff of limited/historical interest?

this has been the normal retail prize over here for all of these Miles boxes (except of course those with less discs, BB and IASW, mainly, JJ was almost the same as the 6CD ones).

when's the european release date?

Well you Europeans pay through the nose for your CDs anyway!

USA USA LAND OF LOW PRICES ALWAYS WOO!