Miles - On the Corner and Beyond

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the organization of this set. If Red China Blues was the first recorded, why is it on Disc 6? It is mostly chronological, but not totally. Odd. Disappointing booklet too- not much information (Buckmaster's essay is entertaining and informative, but brief; Tom Terrell's is pretty useless) and LOTS of pictures.

I don't understand the organization of this set. If Red China Blues was the first recorded, why is it on Disc 6? It is mostly chronological, but not totally. Odd. Disappointing booklet too- not much information (Buckmaster's essay is entertaining and informative, but brief; Tom Terrell's is pretty useless) and LOTS of pictures.

I would guess because 'Red China Blues' is considered more an 'outside' project. It's not Miles' band or anything, he just happens to be playing on it.

I would guess because 'Red China Blues' is considered more an 'outside' project. It's not Miles' band or anything, he just happens to be playing on it.

And it sucks.

Paid $103 and change from local bricks 'n motor, loving it so far, trying to write something 'bout it. I think disc 6 was originally going to be disc 1...changed to make it seem more like it's all 'bout On the Corner not Beyond the Corner? Notes ain't much, maybe Henry Kaiser and the Yo Miles crew can elucidate...

Just cancelled the Amazon UK pre-order (44.5 £) in favour or Amazon Germany (50 €, roughly 10 € less than with UK amazon)! Still hoping to get this one soon!

Where did you find that price, Flurin? I checked, and Amazon Germany shows €59,95 for me, plus shipping costs of €14,00. That works out to $105.85 for me.

My Amazon UK order totalled £45.62, which equals $93.55. So it's still cheaper.

Just cancelled the Amazon UK pre-order (44.5 £) in favour or Amazon Germany (50 €, roughly 10 € less than with UK amazon)! Still hoping to get this one soon!

Where did you find that price, Flurin? I checked, and Amazon Germany shows €59,95 for me, plus shipping costs of €14,00. That works out to $105.85 for me.

My Amazon UK order totalled £45.62, which equals $93.55. So it's still cheaper.

That's because for me it's minus German VAT... not sure how they handle that with US orders... JPC or zweitausendeins.de don't deduct VAT, but Amazon always does for me!

Oh, and shipping is free for Swiss orders that are 20 or more € - that's great! (And I tend to think somehow fair, as there's no Swiss Amazon... Marketplace orders cost 6€ shipping, even if it's just for one CD, now that's rather crazy, on the other hand, but Amazon.de themselves are pretty attractive for Swiss customers... you have to try and order for 20-30€, so there are no shipping costs and no custom/taxes, either... that's not possible for the Miles box, but that I have to live with... let's just hope them douaniers are sleepy when that particular package passes by!)

on second thought, ordering from a marketplace seller for 55€ plus 6€ international shipping (assuming US is the same as Europe, I don't know about that) might make it a rather attractive option again...

Unfortunately shipping to US is €14, instead of €6. Making even this option not worth switching from Amazon UK, in my case.

Thanks for the info though - it's better to consider as many options as possible.