The Fruit in your Beer Poll

Do you like fruit in your beer?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess someone didn't get the waste not/want not "there are starving kids in East Pakistan" lecture as a kid? :P

We always leave a note on a napkin stating "free for starving children". :cool:

Shame on you for enticing starving kids into smoke-filled, alcohol drenched dens in search of food! icon10.gif

Yeah, I'm bad. :ph34r:

Order a Mexican beer anywhere in Arizona and it comes with a lime wedge on stuck in the top of the bottle whether you like it or not. I've seen that in other western states as well. Although it always seems to be in Mexican restaurants and with Mexican beer.

I for one do not like it.

And Corona is dog piss. I hate that shit. The times that I did have to drink it I always seemed to get heartburn. :tdown:tdown:tdown

Very popular with the ladies and frat boys though.

Edited by catesta

Seems like every time I order a beer lately, it now automatically comes with some sort of fruit, usually an orange. Of course, limes are popular in Corona, but I usually don't drink Corona.

I guess this is a summer time thing, but it still annoys me. FRUIT DOESN'T BELONG IN BEER!! :rmad:

Your opinions on this important matter are hereby solicited...

I am a pretty easy-going guy. But I freaking hate the fruit in the beer!!!

I think the slightly sour taste of some types of weizenbier go well with a slice of lemon - that's how I first got to know it, and it's quite common in some parts of Germany.

There is a mixture called Berliner Weiße - a Weizenbier with a dash of fruit syrup. Mostly Waldmeister taste - woodruff this is called in English, says my dictionary - but others as well, rasberry is very popular in Berlin. I must admit I like the taste of it, it works with pomegranate syrup, too ....

My wife likes to pour a generous dash of apple juice into her beer, very refreshing in summer.

berliner_weisse.jpg

Looks like they've upgraded the Berliner Weisse packaging a bit from the standard short brown bottles?

I was first introduced to it in Berlin in 1981.....very refreshing indeed! Don't like the 'green' though...and don't know what other food product has the 'woodruff' taste over here? That Weisse is excellent to drink without any syrup but it's ungoldly expensive over here -- usually $15 and up for a 6-pack.

I'm not a big fan of Berliner Weiss. The local German place offers three kinds of syrup in it, with the recommended one being maple.

"Slightly sour" hefe?? I don't think I've had one of those and I've had a lot of 'em. :)

And Weizen, that bottle looks like it says "Schultheiss Berliner Weiss". I've never heard of that maker or seen this one. I never even knew that Berliner Weiss was a beer style. The only one I've seen looks very different from this one.

Kevin

I have had the slice offered in hefe before and cider as well but not so much any moe...used to be used to flatten fizzy cider years ago so you could drink it quicker :crazy:

Now I just drink real cider ( alcoholic and bearly fizzy ) and prefer Hefe without a slice and as for corona

eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeegggggggggg

and other warm beer type of words

A lemon wedge with hefeweizen is acceptable

no it's not

It is 32C this eve as I leave for home. I will put a wedge in tonight as I sit on my balcony. Some situations call for the citrus!

cool the beer, ditch the citrus. If you want the latter, drink lemonade.

it's 32°C here as well.

I did do it without the lemon. I missed it on the second pint. I'm only talking about a very small wedge - 1/12th of the lemon.

Maybe it's just us Canadians :P

http://www.uppercanada.com/template.asp?CName=WheatBeer

I did do it without the lemon. I missed it on the second pint.

that's habit punching in on an inebriated brain. You will manage if you keep up the faith.

If your strength falters join your local anonymous fruitbats. Together you will be strong!