I got my copy of Groovadelphia!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got organissimo running on the squeezebox right now. Random shuffle of tunes from Waiting for the Boogaloos, This is The Place, East Lansing Summer Solstice, and Groovadelphia. We've listened to Groove a few times while making dinner and I really want to hear it in context with what y'all have done in the past.

The playlist began with Grease Monkey from East Lansing and is now working through Decoder (which is a killer to me). You have to hand it to yourselves... you set the standard pretty damned high from the beginning and have maintained that level of quality ever since.

Got mine Monday - it was a shitty day at work, so it was nice to get home and find a package bearing the distinctive "Big O Records" label waiting for me.

I'm on my second spin now as I type this, and I can already tell this is going to be in heavy rotation in my CD player for a while. Great stuff, guys! :excited:

Now to get up to speed with the earlier two discs...

tonight i dreamed i called jim alfredson to order groovadelphia, his wife was on the phone saying "do you know what time it is?", i thought about it for a moment and noticed that in america it was still in the middle of the night (and felt very bad about waking up the children), so i ordered groovadelphia and the two other organissimo cds...

guess on friday i'll know a bit more about who will pay me what in the next one and half years... will place an order soon...(at least if friday's results are half decent)

Edited by Niko

Just like the others, this will dominate the soundtrack of my days for a while ....

Great job, terrific sound - now the drums sound the way I like 'em - fantastic recording job, Jim!

Great grooves, and I LOVE those latinized tracks. The rhythms are much more authentic than with other organ trios, and it still fits the jazz concept - this is it, guys!

:tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup

Edited by mikeweil