Bad news from Mosaic

J.A.W.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I learned that fans wait till the last minute to buy a Mosaic.

Should be quite the stampede when the Mobley finally hits 'last chance'.

You would think that by this time, everybody who wants has it. Wasn't it made almost 10 years ago?

The Mobley set was released in 1998.

It appears I was lucky enough to scoop up the Pacific Jazz Piano Trios last night via Ebay and Movie Mars. Crossing fingers.

My Curtis Amy is ordered from Movie Mars - no word on shipping after 2 days, but they still have it on Marketplace (price increased from approx $44 to $75). Let's hope we're lucky Tom!

Similar situation here (different seller) with the Pacific Jazz Trios set... anxiously awaiting some kind of shipping/payment notification! Ordered on Thursday it should have been confirmed by yesterday evening, one would guess...

I learned that fans wait till the last minute to buy a Mosaic.

Should be quite the stampede when the Mobley finally hits 'last chance'.

You would think that by this time, everybody who wants has it. Wasn't it made almost 10 years ago?

You'd think so........but as they were saying a few pages back, there's that 'wait 'till the alarm bells sound' mentality at work. I plead guilty -- haven't yet picked up the set. :crazy:

It appears I was lucky enough to scoop up the Pacific Jazz Piano Trios last night via Ebay and Movie Mars. Crossing fingers.

My Curtis Amy is ordered from Movie Mars - no word on shipping after 2 days, but they still have it on Marketplace (price increased from approx $44 to $75). Let's hope we're lucky Tom!

Similar situation here (different seller) with the Pacific Jazz Trios set... anxiously awaiting some kind of shipping/payment notification! Ordered on Thursday it should have been confirmed by yesterday evening, one would guess...

I'm in the the same boat with the Bob Brookmeyer set. After one order no-go, I placed orders at two other under-the-radar retailers. (nice prices at both) Certain signs are good that at least one of them will pan out. Both have sent authorizations to my bank card but I learned that that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I'm in the the same boat with the Bob Brookmeyer set. After one order no-go, I placed orders at two other under-the-radar retailers. (nice prices at both) Certain signs are good that at least one of them will pan out. Both have sent authorizations to my bank card but I learned that that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I know it doesn't if you use Amazon marketplace - they charge you immediately. The problem with ordering from the US to UK is that some companies (like Movie Mars) take a long time to ship, so you're in limbo for several days. Then all you have to do is to wait for the stuff to actually get here.

Amy is still on the "Running Low" list - not even "Last Chance." Should be no problem to order direct. I have one coming next week.

I received an invoice from Movie Mars congratulating me on my purchase. I guess judging from others comments, until I receive some sort of shipment notification the jury is still out.

Yeah, I had one no-go with the Pacific Trios as well... immediately sent in a second order, but no news...

The Brookmeyer is great! Don't give up trying!

Oh, and I've had the Mobley for many years - it's fantastic! (what else to expect!)

Flurin ,hope you get lucky with the Trio set, it's well worth all this trouble. I've been on a Mosaic listening spree, listened to chunks of HRS, Fuller,Turrentine, Brookmeyer Select, Hodges (2nd set) and of course Mobley, a very good set in great sound IMO.

Yeah, I had one no-go with the Pacific Trios as well... immediately sent in a second order, but no news...

The Brookmeyer is great! Don't give up trying!

Oh, and I've had the Mobley for many years - it's fantastic! (what else to expect!)

Flurin ,hope you get lucky with the Trio set, it's well worth all this trouble. I've been on a Mosaic listening spree, listened to chunks of HRS, Fuller,Turrentine, Brookmeyer Select, Hodges (2nd set) and of course Mobley, a very good set in great sound IMO.

Thanks - I have both (Pacific and Shank/Cooper) under "commandes éxpédiées" while the other order for the Pacific is "en cours" (in progress) since Thursday...

The thing is, both of the "shipped" ones will go to Paris as the seller doesn't ship outside France (he's British... makes lotsa sense!). Will take a while to find out if the orders actually do go through... I just hope not to receive and order cancellation e-mails in the next few days!

****** JOHN PATTON ALERT ******

It's back on 'Last Chance', for anyone who needs one..

Just ordered one. I usually avoid organ jazz, but I liked the audio samples and lineup. I think my musical tastes are evolving. :o

I came close to throwing in the Louis Armstrong set too, but decided to place this on my Christmas list instead. I certainly hope another Mosaic tragedy doesn't occur before then.

Went for the Pearson to get the Christmas LP & the I Don't Care...stuff...looking forward to hearing clean CD sound on the rest of it after decades of used LPs...the version of "Stormy" w/Airto & Flora was an AM jazz radio staple her back in the day, totally cool today too.

Also went for the Amy to atone for my sins...that's a really, really good set, if anybody's still on the fence about. Carpe diem!

Went for the Pearson to get the Christmas LP & the I Don't Care...stuff...looking forward to hearing clean CD sound on the rest of it after decades of used LPs...the version of "Stormy" w/Airto & Flora was an AM jazz radio staple her back in the day, totally cool today too.

Also went for the Amy to atone for my sins...that's a really, really good set, if anybody's still on the fence about. Carpe diem!

Carpe diem indeed. Don't wait.

Oi, the Curtis Amy is great!

And the Carmell Jones is fine as well.

And just to defend my last-minute behaviour: I don't only own these, but also had the Mobley, HRS, Farlow, Weston, Lee/Christy, and Bennie Green for quite some time!

And - ouch - I just seem to have snatched up the last copies of the Johnny Richards and Dexter Gordon on sale by Amazon France (themselves, not marketplace). The Richards was a bit expensive, but the Dex would amount to less than 50$, shipping and all.

I really do hope no one just snatched them away in front of my nose! They're both now "temporarily out of stock"...