Bad news from Mosaic

J.A.W.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, I had the Patton on my wish list but didn't react quickly enough - I console myself that I have a fair bit of it on CD and LP.

after posting this yesterday I dropped Mosaic an email bemoaning their loss and asking in vain if there was a Patton set kicking about.

I wondered if in the chaos, underestimates of stock held might have occurred. Well amazingly I got a reply this evening , Cindy had a copy of the Patton select for me :excited: :excited: :excited: .... enough said, I am amazed to have been so lucky. No harm in asking.

Cindy deserves a 'gong' for service beyond the call of duty. Congrats - it's a great set ! :tup

, I had the Patton on my wish list but didn't react quickly enough - I console myself that I have a fair bit of it on CD and LP.

after posting this yesterday I dropped Mosaic an email bemoaning their loss and asking in vain if there was a Patton set kicking about.

I wondered if in the chaos, underestimates of stock held might have occurred. Well amazingly I got a reply this evening , Cindy had a copy of the Patton select for me :excited: :excited: :excited: .... enough said, I am amazed to have been so lucky. No harm in asking.

Congratulations...you're making me want to go home and listen to that set! Really glad you got one, Clunky.

Got my Mosaic order (lacking a backordered set) a day or two prior to the mayhem. Had been keeping my eye on a cheap used copy of the Dexter Gordon Select on eBay. Read this thread, then checked ebay. That used copy was gone, but I immediately purchased a new one from another ebay seller (alibris music) for $47.57 delivered. Usually I shop around a bit, but pulled the trigger quickly on this one. Nothing else looked essential that I did not already own. May regret that later, but hey, there is so much good music out there (...and not so much time to enjoy it).

I'm sure the Zeitlin will be good. I have 'Zeitgeist', 'Cathexis' and that 'Live at the Trident' LP on vinyl.

Some good news to start the day. I have just secured a brand new copy of the Lou Donaldson. A bit of a hike from the Mosaic price unfortunately (thank you £ vs Euro <_< ) and shipping from Italy. However, the emergency recovery action nears completion.

I'm happier. :)

Now all I need to happen is for some more Lou Donaldson sets to appear on Mosaic's site.

Edited by sidewinder

I'm sure the Zeitlin will be good. I have 'Zeitgeist', 'Cathexis' and that 'Live at the Trident' LP on vinyl.

Some good news to start the day. I have just secured a brand new copy of the Lou Donaldson. A bit of a hike from the Mosaic price unfortunately (thank you £ vs Euro <_< ) and shipping from Italy. However, the emergency recovery action nears completion.

Now all I need to happen is for some more Lou Donaldson sets to appear on Mosaic's site.

Nice one Bob. I also managed to find a Freddie Slack in Australia at a decent price. Fingers crossed.

Nice one Bob.

Yeah, thanks. I certainly cut it fine this time. :rolleyes:

I also managed to find a Freddie Slack in Australia at a decent price. Fingers crossed.

From a jolly swagman, sat under the shade of a coolibar tree perchance? :lol:

:lol: ... I'm just a bit worried that my address in the UK could be a problem after the Ashes!

Congrats.....we'll probably enjoy these "last gasp" Selects and big boxes all the more for the hassle that was involved in securing them. More concerning surely must be how Mosaic recovers from losing 12 Selects and 2 boxes prematurely. I hope this doesn't nix the Ellington box. I feel lucky to have secured the Shank/Cooper and the Patton sets.

The others I either had ( Pepper, Brookmeyer, Pacific piano trio) , had in part (Gordon, Richards, Pullen, Amy, Green, Donaldson) or had no interest ( Slack, Pearson, Washington)