Bootleg: Miles Davis Quintet Live in Europe 1967

mjzee

I have a question or two for you guys who are pre-ordering from Amazon.

When you pre-order, does Amazon ever ship prior to the release date?

I always use the cheap form (Super Saver) shipping as I live in the NW and the majority of things get here quick enough (usually 2 days.)

Once in awhile something will ship on the Saturday before a Tuesday release. Today the Hendrix set was shipped this afternoon (the day of the release.) It varies.

At the other end of the scale, does it ever take too long?

Not really. I usually get packages by Friday (assuming a Tues. release date) at the latest (usually a day or 2 earlier.) But a typical route for me is from Seattle to Eugene, so I have an advantage of being near a common shipping point.

What are the advantages to a pre-order?

Mostly what others have said, it will lock you into the lowest price through the release date. If you don't feel an immediate need to pre-order or own something right away you might try the Camel x 3 site which can alert you when an item hits the price you're willing to buy at.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was charged $29.45 after pre-ordering originally at about $36. The current price Amazon is showing is $30.55. What's with all the pre-release price fluctuations?

Probably depends on demand. As soon as lots of people start ordering it at the lower price, they jack the price a little. Free enterprise, you know.

I was charged $29.45 after pre-ordering originally at about $36. The current price Amazon is showing is $30.55. What's with all the pre-release price fluctuations?

Probably depends on demand. As soon as lots of people start ordering it at the lower price, they jack the price a little. Free enterprise, you know.

There should be a futures market for this stuff.

Another one who has pre-ordered it! It will be out the 26th of this month, and I am impatient to have it!

Probably this is my favourite group from Miles Davis. If you listen to recordings from Plugged Nickel, when the quintet was in forming process, you will have some of the more adventurous music from Miles.

Greets!

Pete

I have another question. Do you mean they go ahead and charge you this far in advance to shipping the item?

Your credit card is not charged by Amazon until the order ships.

Your credit card is not charged by Amazon until the order ships.

Yes, and on the odd chance the price were to drop below what I'm currently being charged (which is lower than the current price displaying for the item) then my total would go down.

I once got them to give me credit because there was a pretty significant price drop on a non-preorder item between the time I placed the order and when it shipped. They had already charged me because the order was at the preparing for shipping stage. So it always pays to ask if you see something like this.

Unless you went with the free shipping option. Then a few days later.

I'm on Amazon Prime, free shipping and Tuesday delivery date....yes, it might be later if you aren't in Prime.

I guess my main point was that the official release date is the 20th, not the 26th, at least according to what I see on Amazon.

Edited by Free For All

It will be out the 26th of this month,

Actually it will be out next Tuesday, Sept. 20th. If you pre-ordered from Amazon it should be at your door that day.

But Jazz Thrash seems to live in Spain..........

Ah.....I didn't notice that.

OK, nevermind. :w

FFA gets an F in Reading Comprehension today.

Edited by Free For All

It will be out the 26th of this month,

Actually it will be out next Tuesday, Sept. 20th. If you pre-ordered from Amazon it should be at your door that day.

As noted above, "Jazz_Thrash" is in Spain. The set will be released in Europe on September 26.

Edited by J.A.W.

This question came up in another thread. Apparently Amazon uses some kind of algorithm to track buyer interest and optimum sale price. That said, I have no idea how it works huh.gif

Sometimes the jumps--up or down--can be quite significant.

Is there anyone one else who is not subscribed to Amazon Prime and is annoyed that they seem to delay shipping items to pressure people to sign up?

I look at it as a battle of wills. No way I lose.

Take my money as I give it to you, bittchez, and kiss my ass if you don't like it

Prime = Rip Me, and no way they get to do that.

More than happy to wait a day or two extra!

But Jazz Thrash seems to live in Spain..........

Yes I'm from Spain. At first, when I pre-ordered the box-set, the release date was Sept.19th, but one week ago it changed to 26th. I don't mind, I can waiting a bit more, hehe (unfortunately, when I pre-ordered, Amazon.es didn't run yet, and actually, It isn't possible pre-order it at this moment, otherwise, I would have the box in my house the next day of the release date).