Bootleg: Miles Davis Quintet Live in Europe 1967

mjzee

I was bummed to see that mine is shipping soon from Amazon. Jeez do they mean it might not even ship today? It's out today. I am going to be very bummed if I walk over to J&R today and see it on the shelves for a similar price.

And I pre-ordered about a week ago.

I preordered on July 28, & mine is still "shipping soon".

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy, I am the first person to bitch about the set. This will help my rep around here. My complaint is about the packaging - it's a 4 disc "digipak" made of a lighter paper stock than some and there is no pocket for the booklet. As soon as the shrink wrap is off, the book falls out. Now back to the music. :mellow:

Oh boy, I am the first person to bitch about the set. This will help my rep around here. My complaint is about the packaging - it's a 4 disc "digipak" made of a lighter paper stock than some and there is no pocket for the booklet. As soon as the shrink wrap is off, the book falls out. Now back to the music. :mellow:

Bootleg packaging is always minimal... ;)

My exact thoughts too. Would have been nice to at least have some kind of sleeve to hold it all together. Oh well, still great to have all that music!

My exact thoughts too. Would have been nice to at least have some kind of sleeve to hold it all together. Oh well, still great to have all that music!

I agree. They could at least have equalled the Dylan Bootleg Series that has pretty good packaging. (Mind you, iirc never has 4 discs.)

Listening to the first disc now and while I've heard this before from bootleg sources, this is even better. Now where the hell do I put the @#$%^& booklet!

If the european edition is the same (next week I will have it), I have others digipacks without any place to fix the booklet and my only solution to avoid missing it was to maintain the original wrap paper or to use another plastic to cover the digipack. In this way the booklet won't fall down when you take the digi.

PS: With the years I have finished hating any type of digipacks, specially when they are so fragile as the Masada Book 2 from John Zorn - Tzadik...

I've been checking this out, and (needless to say) it's some truly amazing music.

It's interesting to watch the band perform and see how Miles communicates to them both musically (like the way he leads Tony into the half-time feel on Agitation) and non-verbally (like when he puts his finger up to his ear to tell the guys to listen more carefully). And the occasional intense "Miles glare"........

Also interesting to hear the similar setlists played very differently from night to night (much like on the Plugged Nickle sessions).

Best thirty bucks I ever spent! :tup