Who here has their very own listening room?

Hardbopjazz

I now live alone, so I don't need one. I had a small one and it was great for a while, but my system sounds so so much b better when in the big living-room/dining-room area it is in now, more room to breathe and gel. I'm very very happy with my system right now. I also have the benefit that my TV and Blu-ray elements share the great audio system.

If you live with others, having a room just for your own listening is a very good thing.

When I built my new home a couple of years ago, I incorporated a listening library in the floor plan with built in storage for my records/cds, a comfortable sofa, TV and computer. My wife even allows me to have some of my photography ( not by me, but by others like Roy DeCarava) collection on the walls!

Me and the dog enjoy it though.

When I built my new home a couple of years ago, I incorporated a listening library in the floor plan with built in storage for my records/cds, a comfortable sofa, TV and computer. My wife even allows me to have some of my photography ( not by me, but by others like Roy DeCarava) collection on the walls!

Me and the dog enjoy it though.

Funny, we all seem to need the wife's approval.

When we bought our house in 2004 there were three extra bedrooms, and one became my music room with the stereo system, the comfy chair and a variety of BN covers (from the first BN cover art book after the binder fell apart) on the wall. I posted photos back then but I think the thread was lost in one of those server migrations.

Hmm, somehow I didn't picture you looking like that. mellow.gif

I have the lower level of the townhouse as my listening room. All the records and CDs are here, as well as most of the books, although there are books in every room of the house. The wife has her HGTV and Food Channel domain on the main level. Works beautifully.

Where I'm sitting is what used to be our dining room, but I gradually took over and now it contains my CDs, vinyl collection, jazz books, CD, vinyl and tape player, radio, armchair, reading lamp, DVD player, computer, phone, paperwork and files. What more could you want?

I have a dedicated music room too (but it certainly is not off limits to my wife ;)).

One wall is lined with vinyls from floor to ceiling, the opposite wall has all the music books and mags, the audio equipment, turntables and speakers as well as part of the CDs and of the 78s.

A table, the lounge chair (with ottoman) and 2 more chairs are in the middle. The rest of the CDs occupy a corner of the 3rd wall but I'm running out of storage space fast (some music books and the rest of the 78s already had to move into the room next door). :( Help! ;)

I have a Man Cave in the finished basement. I'm sitting in it right now enjoying Mozart's "The Magic Flute" with Te Kanawa and Eva Lind. Wonderful!

My wife and daughter have come to love this room too, btw. Yesterday morning, I found my wife down here watching "Mad Men" on Netflix, despite the fact that the Big TV is upstairs!

We have a small spare bedroom that I have for storing my music collection, and I have a desk in there, but I do almost all of my listening at work (a perk of being a techie worker bee in the IT industry), and my home stereo equipment (nothing remotely impressive, think $hundreds, not $thousands) is actually in our family room. We have a second small spare bedroom that my wife uses as a home studio for her work.

Funny, we all seem to need the wife's approval.

That's how we still have wives.

I had one years ago before we had children. Now the times when I can listen to music in my home on my stereo system are rare. Looking forward to about 13 years from now when the youngest of my three children is hopefuly off to college.

Exactly....except I have one left with 6 years until college. An hour drive to work each way is not so bad.