Roland Kirk on Mosaic

miles65

Expensive enough, I've so far avoided these new Mosaic LP sets, but I might go for this one. The material is really good. I agree with the Mosaic statement, "Spirit" and "Rip, Rig and Panic" are incredible releases.

Edited by jazzbo

Since the Mosaic set seems to be "LP only", I'm guessing Universal or their imprint Hip-O Select (or Verve Select) will release the CD version. It's just speculation on my part, of course.

That is only really two CDs worth, so I wonder if that amounts to a set, or whether there is other material that might make up further discs.

Since the Mosaic set seems to be "LP only", I'm guessing Universal or their imprint Hip-O Select (or Verve Select) will release the CD version. It's just speculation on my part, of course.

That is only really two CDs worth, so I wonder if that amounts to a set, or whether there is other material that might make up further discs.

I didn't check how much material there is, it was just a thought. Maybe they'll do a 2CD-set, maybe they'll do nothing.

Just added this to my wishlist. My wife and boys never used to know what to buy me for various occasions. Now they do.

I don't have any Roland Kirk. Love that Mosaic is putting out LPs and I'll eventually pick this up if my wife and/or kids don't.

half way between a Mosaic Select & Mosaic Single (both now defunct)

as a potential CD release (if there is no previously unreleased material) it doesn't seem to make sense - will Hip O Select be interested in this?

I wonder if 'Slightly Latin' will be in the stereo? - I think it is only mono in the Mercury CD box set.

Big fan of all these albums (including 'Slightly Latin' - totally bonkers album but in a good way) so this one goes on the 'wants' list. With LP releases such as this one, Mosaic goes back to its roots. :tup

Edited by sidewinder

Nice to see the rather neglected yet pretty wonderful Verve album getting some high-end exposure ... but these vinyl boxes really aren't for me.

I'm still somewhat tempted by the Brown/Roach just because this stuff is so wonderful, but there's so much other stuff around to buy that I don't yet have, so it just makes no sense.

The Brown / Roach set is as good as you'd expect. Sound wise I'd find it hard to imagine that there're better editions to be found. The vinyl is flawless.

I've all the stuff on japanese lps that sounds excellent, so I am not really interested in this set.

About the Kirk, don't know, actually I've got Latin and Spirts on original stereos.

The Brown / Roach set is as good as you'd expect. Sound wise I'd find it hard to imagine that there're better editions to be found. The vinyl is flawless.

Other than the original US or UK LP issues, perhaps.

I'd guess UK originals could be better if mint. My experience of near mint US EmArcy pressings has been pretty mixed, I've largely concluded that they are quite noisy. I'm sure nice Japanese pressings would be just as good. Plenty of choice for sure.