Miles Ahead Movie Trailer

BillF

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BillF said:

In this interview which Dmitry posted Cheadle says he doesn't go for chronology and is happy to have Kinda Blue in 1969, etc, etc.  Phew!

https://youtu.be/bTKFotWCPaE

WTF?!

44 minutes ago, king ubu said:

Sorry, but I think it looks like utter shit.

Yeah, I can't say I was impressed by the trailer. Looks like a buddy action movie. Fuck that. 

49 minutes ago, Scott Dolan said:

WTF?!

Yeah, I can't say I was impressed by the trailer. Looks like a buddy action movie. Fuck that. 

Was it not ever thus? Movies about jazz have nearly always been made for mass audiences and not for jazz fans. I was reminded of this recently when I tried - unsuccessfully - to watch for a second time the recent jazz drumming saga, Whiplash.

42 minutes ago, BillF said:

Was it not ever thus? Movies about jazz have nearly always been made for mass audiences and not for jazz fans. I was reminded of this recently when I tried - unsuccessfully - to watch for a second time the recent jazz drumming saga, Whiplash.

Lousy? I've watched the trailer. It looked like Karate Kid Drummer.

Is there a scene where he plays to a bunch of posh folks who initially look outraged and then start to tap their feet?

Jazz aficionados are going to be able to lunch out for weeks on how unimpressed they were with this new film. I feel a Ken Burns situation a'comin' on.  

The trailer left me pleasantly surprised. From the initial press releases when it was in development I expected the worse, everything sounded wrong: Miles in his 70s retirement, some kind of gangster movie as we watch the primitive trying to score drugs. Thankfully, it appears to be a wider scope than this.