• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Joe said:

image.jpg?c=M7deGqEwbT74LefLM0jlMt_M69_U

I must have this . As much as I remember, it has Tommy Flanagan on piano, nice rhythm section and if I remember right they do "Mack the Knife" and Flanagan´s solo is particulary interesting as he plays each chorus in a different key, wonderful idea. And is there also a ballad, I think "Talk of the Town" . 

It must have been a very late album of Hawk as it seems his rhythm section is more active like he himself. He kinda had slowed down already.....

6 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

@Gheorghe I am listening to the Ella Fitzgerald Harold Arlen Songbook, drinking sparkly, and watching the train go around the tree.  Superb arrangements by the great Billy May! Give this one another chance!

Well I´ll do ! thank you ! But it must be a certain mood and a certain amount of time when I´m not listening to figure out, but just listening. One thing is sure, it swings. But my first choice if I felt like listening to Ella always was the "Ella and Basie".