Chanders Posted 29 minutes ago Posted 29 minutes ago (edited) I feel awful writing this on John Coltrane’s 100th birthday but seriously, Verve, you can go to hell. https://store.ververecords.com/products/john-coltrane-the-complete-tiberi-tapes-live This has to be one of the most blatant examples of price gouging and object fetishization I have seen yet. You are going to tell me that the only way to get the complete set of tapes is to pay 500 USD for a thumb drive house in a deluxe box … with an extra record that isn’t even on the main record set. And no download and no complete cd collection … or anything. A thumb drive! In a box! Limited to 750 copies? At bootleg quality? And I say this as someone who would happily own Benedetti’s Parker, so sound quality is not the problem And this makes me love places like Mosaic even more, or appreciate the big “Compete” box sets that were going out in the 90s. Those days are never coming back, what a rip off. Seriously though god bless Mosaic. We live in a screwed up economic time to say the least. Edited 28 minutes ago by Chanders Typos Quote
ghost of miles Posted 6 minutes ago Posted 6 minutes ago (edited) Agree with all of this. Perhaps a more conventional complete edition is forthcoming (and I'd be willing to pay several hundred dollars for it on CD, assuming it included the complete annotation as well... I don't need the other bells and whistles), but this seems to be it for now. Will buy and enjoy the 3-CD set come the first week of November, but yeah, as a friend who texted me the news about the USB version said, "Does Verve think we fell off the turnip truck?" Edited 6 minutes ago by ghost of miles Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.