NEW, NEVER HEARD, DIZZY & BIRD FROM UPTOWN

JSngry

This is great news, indeed. If the rapport between Max and Bird is ANYTHING like it is on the club date from the WASHINGTON CONCERTS disc put out by Blue Note a couple of years back, I'm giddy with anticipation. And it sounds, according to Jim's description, even better. :excited:

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is too fantastic to believe. I have always stared at those pictures from the Town Hall concerts and though if only, if only, if only I could stare hard enough to actually hear something. I CAN'T WAIT!

Rooster: The last newly-discovered Bird might be the 1952 Boston concert. But this is of another, much rarer vintage. This is previously unheard monumental jazz history. An if the music is as good as Jim S. says it is (and I believe that it is), all I can say is FUCKING HELL!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks guys. Please don't tell anyone I killed Rudolph and he's hanging from a tree in my front yard. Some nice steaks this winter. :ph34r:

Some good news for those remembering the early messages. The acetate changes with breaks in various performances match up perfectly (with a few pitch corrections) so no solos are interrupted. This stuff does take time to do correctly so the thieves have good source material. Y'all remember there is only one set of discs and we got 'em. The Gillespie estate cleared it and all that (shortly) follow are stealing our work.

I think you will be amazed. :g