70,000 posts!!!!

Jim Alfredson

If things get tough I would consider putting up a banner saying something like "make a donation to the Organissimo Forums" but right now we're fine. We have just about paid off the cost of the record and are currently getting tunes around for the next one. And this website really doesn't cost me much right now.

Jim, I think you should consider doing this, regardless. There have been times where I've thought it would be cool to make a donation to the band or to the site, just as a way of saying "thank you" for making this a great place to hang out, and to lend a little extra support. Having a little PayPal icon or something like that wouldn't be a bad thing, and I'm sure there are other people who feel the same way.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If things get tough I would consider putting up a banner saying something like "make a donation to the Organissimo Forums" but right now we're fine.  We have just about paid off the cost of the record and are currently getting tunes around for the next one.  And this website really doesn't cost me much right now.

Jim, I think you should consider doing this, regardless. There have been times where I've thought it would be cool to make a donation to the band or to the site, just as a way of saying "thank you" for making this a great place to hang out, and to lend a little extra support. Having a little PayPal icon or something like that wouldn't be a bad thing, and I'm sure there are other people who feel the same way.

I agree 100%. You don't have to "ask" people to donate, but it would be nice to provide an easy way for people to do so, at their own discretion.

And you can state that all donations will first go towards paying for the cost of the board (and your website in general), with any overflow going into startup costs for new recording projects (since unfortunately that's how most of us are going to get to hear you guys, at least until you finally get that 'world-wide tour' thing figured out. ;) )

Think about it in terms of the time you give to us, to maintain the board, deal with bugs and troubleshooting, etc... That time is worth something too, and there are any number of us that would like to chip in $5 or $10 – or whatever – to rightfully compensate you for that time.

Uh, you guys ever consider the possibility that, as long as he's not taking a bath on it, that Jim might actually LIKE having the expense as a tax deduction?

Good point! Perhaps he should just post an address, and if small packages of unmarked bills just happen to start showing up, well, that's life.... ;)

I appreciate all the thoughts of good will but honestly the costs right now are minimal. The band pays for the site as a promotional tool for us and the forums, right now, add no extra burden to that monthly charge. Now if we get above 1000 members and have lots of people on the board at the same time, then we might have a problem but until then everything is fine. :)

Now if y'all want to send us a donation anyway, my address is on the website! :)

:P

I'm late entering this discussion (as usual), but just wanted to give my heartfelt THANKS for hosting/running this outstanding board. It's truly become a kind of virtual corner bar or club, one that almost always makes room for civil disagreement and doesn't put up barriers to new members. No mean feat.

Edited by DrJ

Here's an idea I ran past Joe the other day. Let me know if you guys are interested.

I'm currently putting together a little project studio. I already had one, kind of, but I'm upgrading it and making it better (along with our new house).

Anyway, here's the idea. We'll record a little EP of sorts... a CD of common organ tunes that we do all the time. Fun stuff... organ standards... you know... Maybe 6 or 8 tunes. We'll do it all in my little home studio (I recorded "Life Wish" on the CD so I kind of know what I'm doing!) and then I'll offer CD-Rs complete with some adequate cover art for a certain price. Probably $5-$7.

If you want to support the site, buy one of the CDs. If not, no big whoop. All extra proceeds will go to the production of our next CD which most likely will be recorded in a real studio, although you never know... if I can get a good sound out of what I have and what I'm picking up, we might record it at home and mix it in the studio.

Whaddya think?