Getz-Barron People Time

Jerry

No idea, but the Ella In Hollywood box should have been released today and it says it will be delivered as soon as it's released... Maybe Universal folded last night? :g

Those Hip o Select releases are limited. My guess is that none of the non-US sites will get these. On the other hand, the Haden and Getz/Barron are European Universal releases, with the latter not even being available in Europe on its release date!

Release date for the Ella in Hollywood box is November 30, indicates Amazon.fr!

The universalmusic.fr website is hopeless. No indication there about the Ella box or the Getz People Time that came out today!

Hm, I thought this was an Universal release? It says "Verve (Universal)" on German Amazon (and November 17):

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002IRBGYC...;pf_rd_i=301128

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea, but the Ella In Hollywood box should have been released today and it says it will be delivered as soon as it's released... Maybe Universal folded last night? :g

Those Hip o Select releases are limited. My guess is that none of the non-US sites will get these. On the other hand, the Haden and Getz/Barron are European Universal releases, with the latter not even being available in Europe on its release date!

The universalmusic.fr website is hopeless. No indication there about the Ella box or the Getz People Time that came out today!

Hm, I thought this was an Universal release? It says "Verve (Universal)" on German Amazon (and November 17):

It's my understanding that Hip o Select is a reissue arm of Verve, which is owned by Universal USA.

I've been unable to find the Complete People time on US Amazon. Actually when I search for People Time "People Time the Complete Recording" is suggested underneath the box but when I click on it I get a bunch of miscellaneous cds-- mainly by Elvis Presley!

Same here, but chances are it will be cheaper via one of the Euro sites since it is a Euro release. CD Universe has it on their site as an import for about $80.

I ordered it from Amazon France for the equivalent of less than $40 plus shipping.

It's my understanding that Hip o Select is a reissue arm of Verve, which is owned by Universal USA.

I see... I don't know anything, I only read that name here, now and then...

Got the box today.

Each of the 7 CDs have a full set from the Getz/Barron duos recorded at the Montmartre on consecutive nights from May 3 to May 6, 1991.

That makes about 50 to 60 minutes of music per CD (with two of them clocking at 70 minutes and over).

Great music and great deal!

The FNAC website has a full track listings:

Stan Getz-Kenny Barron People Time

Edited by brownie

How do you order from Amazon France if you can't understand French? I was able to find the People Time set but never to get to the buy page...

Too bad the U.S. label isn't offering it.

Klick on the 'Aide' sign at upper right.

Then at bottom left, you will find a 'Help in English' indication which should take you to the right path!

How do you order from Amazon France if you can't understand French? I was able to find the People Time set but never to get to the buy page...

I ordered the Cannes CD from amazon.fr and discovered that the database had my email/password/credit card information used on the U.S. amazon. So its actually pretty easy, except for the unpleasant ratio between the Euro and the dollar.

I ordered the Cannes CD from amazon.fr and discovered that the database had my email/password/credit card information used on the U.S. amazon. So its actually pretty easy, except for the unpleasant ratio between the Euro and the dollar.

All Amazon sites (US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, etc.) access the same customer database at checkout. Makes it really easy to spend your money all over the world. :rolleyes:

I ordered People Time from Amazon France. Cost $57 including shipping and it arrived today! Nice looking box. About the size of the Miles box sets but much simpler. Each cd is in a cardboard sleeve which are in cardboard box along with a 40 page booklet (most of it written by Gary Giddens, who I usually like, though I know some here resent him.)

More than I'd want from this date, but I'm sure it'll please the completists.

0600753210161xr.gif

Tracklisting :

1. Stan getz annoucement

2. Autumn leaves

3. East of the sun (and west of the moon)

4. The end of a love affair

5. Tuning

6. East of the sun

7. Stan getz annoucement

8. Softly as in a morning sunrise

9. Night and day

10. You don't know what love is

11. Whisper not

12. Con alma

13. Yours and mine

14. I'm okay

15. Gone with the wind

16. There is no greater love

17. People time

18. You stepped out of a dream

19. You stepped out of a dream

20. First song

21. I wish you love

22. Hush-a-bye

23. Like someone in love

24. Soul eyes

25. I remember clifford

26. Stablemates

27. People time

28. First song

29. Allison's waltz

30. The surrey with a fringe on top

31. I remember clifford

32. I wish you love

33. I wish you love (que reste t-il de nos amours?)

34. Stablemates

35. I'm okay

36. Con alma

37. People time

38. I'm okay

39. Bouncing with Bud

40. Like someone in love

41. Soul eyes

42. Stablemates

43. First song

44. Soul eyes

45. Night and day

46. Gone with the wind

47. The surrey with a fringe on top

48. The surrey with a fringe on top

49. The surrey with a fringe on top

50. Yours and mine

51. Night and day

I just now tediously and no doubt clumsily assembled this into a single thread from three (!!!) separate ones. Is it too much to ask that before starting a new thread on a topic that you look around a bit first to see if there isn't already a thread on that topic? I am not a f---ing janitor! <_<