miles65

Whole batch of Mosaic Selects and Singles running low

1,032 posts in this topic

You will be when you die and go to heaven and jesus asks you if you got it and when you tell him no, he sends you back to earth to wander around for eternity with a limp and a scragglyass dog.

I had that happen to a buddy of mine about the Sex Pistols, and believe me, it ain't what you want.

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

You will be when you die and go to heaven and jesus asks you if you got it and when you tell him no, he sends you back to earth to wander around for eternity with a limp and a scragglyass dog.

I had that happen to a buddy of mine about the Sex Pistols, and believe me, it ain't what you want.

There's always Ebay.

You can't sell your dog on eBay, and from I've seen, that's gonna be job #1.

43 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Doubt it, dude.  I’m not Christian ;)

Now, if Jesus Alou (should he predecease me) meet me in heaven, different story :lol:

You don't have to be Christian to have Jesus throw shade on your record collection. If anything, it just increases the odds that he will. He don't give a damn about your belief system, but he's a pretty intense dude when it comes to music.

13 minutes ago, JSngry said:

You don't have to be Christian to have Jesus throw shade on your record collection. If anything, it just increases the odds that he will. He don't give a damn about your belief system, but he's a pretty intense dude when it comes to music.

He ain’t part of my belief system :lol:

Just sayin' -  don't blame me when you can't get rid of that dog.

Still available via the alternative Mosaic universe in Barcelona !

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

I very much am, and can firmly state that this is all very bad theology but very good music collecting advice ;)   There's an old church joke for the worship wars (hymns vs. praise songs) that it's amazing how many people know what God's taste in music is, and it is exactly the same as their own...

My concern is for the dogs. They're totally innocent in all this, but as soon as some obtuse motherfucker gets careless, BOOM, there goes another dog that could have been loved and protected, sentenced to wandering the earth forever with some limping sonofabitch who doesn't even have half a clue.

Blue.JPG

Me, I'm a cat person.  I  like other people's dogs OK sometimes.

Image result for cute kitten

3 hours ago, JSngry said:

My concern is for the dogs. They're totally innocent in all this, but as soon as some obtuse motherfucker gets careless, BOOM, there goes another dog that could have been loved and protected, sentenced to wandering the earth forever with some limping sonofabitch who doesn't even have half a clue.

Blue.JPG

My Aussie, Nellie, agrees.......

She says that it feels like she's on the longest walk ever.

The Eddie Condon Bud Freeman set is now OOP.

I really miss the days when we would spend time on the board speculating about the next Mosaic set, rather than continuing the sad list of sets going out of print.

gregmo

19 hours ago, gmonahan said:

I really miss the days when we would spend time on the board speculating about the next Mosaic set, rather than continuing the sad list of sets going out of print.

gregmo

So do I. But on the coming soon page there is only one set. Next year there will be a Armstrong Columbia studio set. That’s all I know so far for 2019. There is not much to speculate about. And soon there won’t be much to report about sets going oop either bacause there are not that much sets left.

So is the Benedetti (sp?) Bird material no longer available? If so they should at least put it up on iTunes; the sound wasn't very good to begin with.

Given the recent craziness around the limited edition Rendell-Carr Quintet LP boxset selling out on pre-sale orders, it would seem that Mosaic's future is better tied to LP reissues than CDs at this point. But since they got killed by poor LP sales in the past, maybe they're less willing to take that chance again?

41 minutes ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

Given the recent craziness around the limited edition Rendell-Carr Quintet LP boxset selling out on pre-sale orders, it would seem that Mosaic's future is better tied to LP reissues than CDs at this point. But since they got killed by poor LP sales in the past, maybe they're less willing to take that chance again?

I think so. All the LP-only sets are now OOP, aren't they? I think the Mulligan was the last to go.

gregmo

I have no desire to buy new music on vinyl, unless it's as an object, and even then, not all THAT much, and even more then, not for no crazyass highprice. That's a non-starter for me, just crazy and/or stupid.

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

I have no desire to buy new music on vinyl, unless it's as an object, and even then, not all THAT much, and even more then, not for no crazyass highprice. That's a non-starter for me, just crazy and/or stupid.

Same.  I'll buy old vinyl when that's either my only, or best (way cheaper) option.  But given the option, I'll always go for something on CD, even if I have to pay a premium.

Doesn't mean I've never held an LP in my hands with a killer-cool gatefold cover, and though "mmm, this would be really nice to have".  But then 99.99% of the time I'll put it back, long as I've confirmed that it's not too hard to get on CD (and won't set me back 3 days salary).

1 hour ago, gmonahan said:

I think so. All the LP-only sets are now OOP, aren't they? I think the Mulligan was the last to go.

gregmo

That Mulligan LP set is still in my ‘pending’ pile ready for play over Xmas.

14 minutes ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Doesn't mean I've never held an LP in my hands with a killer-cool gatefold cover, and though "mmm, this would be really nice to have". 

Been there the first time and...

21 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Same.  I'll buy old vinyl when that's either my only, or best (way cheaper) option.  But given the option, I'll always go for something on CD, even if I have to pay a premium.

Doesn't mean I've never held an LP in my hands with a killer-cool gatefold cover, and though "mmm, this would be really nice to have".  But then 99.99% of the time I'll put it back, long as I've confirmed that it's not too hard to get on CD (and won't set me back 3 days salary).

Ditto. I did recently buy a used copy of Johnny Hodges "Don't Sleep in the Subway" because it's not on cd and it was the only Hodges Verve I didn't have. That's about the *only* reason I'd buy vinyl. (And my guess is that the Andorrans will probably reissue that one and "Rippin' and Runnin' as soon as both clear European copyright.)

gregmo

23 minutes ago, gmonahan said:

Ditto. I did recently buy a used copy of Johnny Hodges "Don't Sleep in the Subway" because it's not on cd and it was the only Hodges Verve I didn't have. That's about the *only* reason I'd buy vinyl. (And my guess is that the Andorrans will probably reissue that one and "Rippin' and Runnin' as soon as both clear European copyright.)

gregmo

I thought European copyright had changed to be more restrictive. 

5 minutes ago, medjuck said:

I thought European copyright had changed to be more restrictive. 

EU's copyright rules have changed but supposedly, not Andorra's. Andorra is not part of the EU.