• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just arrived, spinning now - Joshua Redman - Where Are We (Blue Note). I ordered the special clear vinyl with the signed poster. Nice presentation. Dead quiet vinyl (so far) and very well recorded. I wish i was more of a fan of Jazz vocalists but even after saying this, Gabriella Cavassa is OK. :)

JRD2CLP.thumb.webp.ec190e112b10a42a52bbc8695deee497.webp

Blue Note is rather annoying in not offering a digital download when one purchases an expensive LP copy. I usually order from Amazon for this very reason, but chose to go with Blue Note for the signed print.

https://store.bluenote.com/products/joshua-redman-where-are-we?variant=42458759004351

SignedD2CLP.thumb.webp.012c53cb1352fddc961789b31b6011ce.webp

11 minutes ago, bresna said:

Just arrived, spinning now - Joshua Redman - Where Are We (Blue Note). I ordered the special clear vinyl with the signed poster. Nice presentation. Dead quiet vinyl (so far) and very well recorded. I wish i was more of a fan of Jazz vocalists but even after saying this, Gabriella Cavassa is OK. :)

I heard her live with the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra last year and she was indeed okay.

22 minutes ago, kh1958 said:

I heard her live with the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra last year and she was indeed okay.

I think my biggest issue with her on this release is that it sounds like it should be Gabriella Cavassa - Where Are We and not Joshua Redman - Where Are We. To my ears, any time a vocalist is part of a band for every track, they are pretty much the leader.

For jazz that is...

3 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

What's this one like?

The radio Leicester big band. Its one of my UK big bands from the time I was mostly on the european big bands trip. Would say normal mainstream. Probably not as good as the BBC big band which I have on reels & CD-R's from a U/K fellow and which played with many famous US guests a Menza, Florence and did some Kenton memorial concerts.

19 hours ago, HutchFan said:

John Stowell name-checks Jim Hall in the liner notes to Golden Delicious (above).

That prompted me to pull out this:

OS5qcGVn.jpeg

Jim Hall - Live! (A&M Horizon, 1975)
with Don Thompson & Terry Clarke

That was right with me

;-]]