Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to the tentet (Shorty Rogers) date on the last side of the Art Pepper set, and just now session D (with Hawkins!) from the Buck Clayton CBS Jam Session set - vinyl, all of that, also the one that's going on the turntable next: Tina Brooks (prob. the "True Blue" record, not sure yet).

I am glad I got that set. :cool:

Mines still in the mail !

Did you go for surface or is your postman on strike? I thought you had ordered yours before I did. :blink: I received mine a week ago.

US Air Mail option - DHL always ding me for tax and there's no office locally - the nearest one is near you at Bristol ;) - either that or Southampton. I don't mind the delay - at least it always gets there (he says, not wishing to invite exceptions.. :w ).

I forgot to say: life is good :)

Have you converted to the vinyl faith ? :)

while I'm no platform agnostic (that's the kiddos watching the latest hollywood bombast on their iPods... won't ever get that far with me, I assure you!) I don't believe in vinyl or CDs... I simply happen to have some vinyl that I don't have on CD, such as the last of the Tina Brooks dates I'm playing right now, and boy is that great! Johnny Coles I've rarely heard in such prime form! Wow!

the last of the Tina Brooks dates I'm playing right now, and boy is that great! Johnny Coles I've rarely heard in such prime form! Wow!

Try "Christmas with Etta Jones", which I got a couple of weeks ago. Coles is BLASTIN! on "Merry Christmas baby".

MG

I never play x-mas music... evades me why people would want to listen to that stuff even as part of their jazz listening, too, when you can't escape it anywhere... will take a note though, just in case... thanks

the last of the Tina Brooks dates I'm playing right now, and boy is that great! Johnny Coles I've rarely heard in such prime form! Wow!

Try "Christmas with Etta Jones", which I got a couple of weeks ago. Coles is BLASTIN! on "Merry Christmas baby".

MG

I never play x-mas music... evades me why people would want to listen to that stuff even as part of their jazz listening, too, when you can't escape it anywhere... will take a note though, just in case... thanks

I like that stuff because it's very commercial. Signifies that musicians want to play stuff their audience is familiar with and identifies with.

MG