Revenant is planning big Albert Ayler box

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Anyone know of anywhere you can get this reasonably cheap in the UK? I missed it when they had it on sale for 17 quid a while ago, when Revenant dropped the price of the Charlie Patton box too.... presumably it's permanently up/out of stock now.

For anyone who still has not purchased the Holy Ghost box, ESP has a Summer Sale (until Monday August 9), it is available for $40!

A lot of very interesting items also available in this ESP Summer Sale

Thank you so much for the heads up! I've wanted this set for a while and the price is finally right. Just placed my order.

one look at the packaging will tell you that the price is not really right - you're just luckyy <_<

Anyone know of anywhere you can get this reasonably cheap in the UK? I missed it when they had it on sale for 17 quid a while ago, when Revenant dropped the price of the Charlie Patton box too.... presumably it's permanently up/out of stock now.

Last time I was at Ray's jazz in Foyles Bookstore they had the box in the glass case at the back of the sales desk. Couldn't check out the price though. I was hoping they might have had the Patton instead !

Last time I was at Ray's jazz in Foyles Bookstore they had the box in the glass case at the back of the sales desk. Couldn't check out the price though. I was hoping they might have had the Patton instead !

Probably fairly expensive... I've only been into Ray's a couple of times since it moved from over near Covent Garden, but I was diappointed with the blues section, as it used to be all of the lower floor in the old shop. I used to stare at the wall of Document CDs like a rabbit caught in the headlights... :blink:

For anyone who still has not purchased the Holy Ghost box, ESP has a Summer Sale (until Monday August 9), it is available for $40!

Thank you so much for the heads up! I've wanted this set for a while and the price is finally right. Just placed my order.

Yes, thank you brownie! Order placed. :tup

I bought this set brand new for $35 from ESP's Ebay website last year. One of the best purchases I ever made. As much as I love my Mosaics and other boxes, this should be the example of how great Box Sets are made -- the whole package is wonderful!!!

Back to Revenant... I bought the set when first issued and missed the news about the Ayler estate imbroglio... UN-EFFIN'-BELIEVABLE!!!

I'd love to hear more about this just to get blood boiling without any other stimulants. Yeah, hang on those "rights" Ayler family-- 1000% of nothing will make everyone wealthy.

If there is some active Ayler Estate, you think they would have realized the "Holy Ghost" box made it ** more ** valuable, if they needed or wanted to make some bones selling t-shirts, tote bags, bumper stickers, keychains, skateboards, coozies, GOLF CLUB COVERS and things of that nature... which I'd have no issue with.

I totally understand how Dean Blackwood can feel totally burned but it makes no sense it had to be that way (except that people are fucking crazy).

Edited by MomsMobley

Back to Revenant... I bought the set when first issued and missed the news about the Ayler estate imbroglio... UN-EFFIN'-BELIEVABLE!!!

I'd love to hear more about this just to get blood boiling without any other stimulants. Yeah, hang on those "rights" Ayler family-- 1000% of nothing will make everyone wealthy.

Me too. I believe the Ayler estate may be actually estates as there are different factions. I also remember when the box came out, ESP seemed miffed and announced it was doing its own box, which never happened. IIRC, Sunny Murray also distanced himself from the Holy Ghost project and there's a very snide comment in Holy Ghost about the version of the second disc of Prophecy material that Murray helped release.

Whatever happened, it's too bad Revenant is gone. What a great label.

Link please......can't find any such sale!!!!!

ESP Summer Sale

The graphic for the Holy Ghost box actually links to the Parker box, but this link should work for the Ayler:

Holy Ghost box

Edited by mjzee

So, I just got home from work and the Ayler "Holy Ghost" box was waiting for me. After having just gone through the contents, I am stunned. I've wanted this for years, knew what was inside, read all the reviews, etc...but I STILL wasn't prepared for how beautiful this set is until I had it open in front of me.

I have lots and lots of box sets and this might be the most lovely tribute to a musician that I have ever seen. And for an artist like Albert Ayler, that is so under-appreciated, this is really something special. And I haven't even listened to the music yet!

Even after spending some extra money to have it sent priority mail (I'm leaving the country soon and needed to make sure I can receive it before taking off), this is still one of the greatest deals I've gotten.

Many thanks again, brownie, for the heads up on the ESP summer sale! If there are still folks out there that don't have it and are even slightly interested in purchasing this set, I'd do it right now. You will have no regrets.

• 2 weeks later...