cannonball-addict

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up in here.

Idiomatic English.

ah, I see. For a moment I thought this after hours club was up on top of the twentieth floor. I bet, it is even possible to make it into something like "what's going down up in here..." which would be synonymous to "what's up down here..."

right? the mind boggles.

cue those alternate takes on Fucshia Swing Song

I never had any brothers but I do have a sister

damn, you're a brother too then! so am I, what a coincidence!

I am wearing a white pullover today as it is darn cold up here down in my room. I am too lazy to get up and down to the other end and turn up the heating down there.

I was adopted, and my biological mother was an unwed teenage mother (seriously, on both counts).

So I would imagine the likelyhood of me having some unknown number of brothers and/or sisters out there is pretty good.

I'm clearly White, but who knows -- perhaps either my biological mother or biological father has since had children with someone who is Black.

Which means... (wait for it!!! ^_^ )

I could easily have a half-brother, who's half-a-Brotha!!! :P

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Are there any African-Americans who post here? It would nice if some sort of black opinion was voiced here. At least it would make sense....

I am not sure that I completely understand the point, or the somewhat negative responses to the thread by some but to annswer your question I know of at least one. To paraphrase the words of the immortal Curtis Mayfield, I am one of the people that are darker than blue.

And before anyone starts to wonder I do not in any way think my opinions are any more valid than anyone else's. There are far too many people on this board more knowledgeable about the music than me for me to make the ridiculous assumption that simply because of the circumstances of my birth my insights are more compelling than someone else's.

With that said, I have often wondered why I do not see more people from the Darker Nation visibly supporting the music other than at the free outdoor events during the summer, which seem to be more about a "hang out" than actually appreciating the music. Not sure it is entirely a worthwhile discussion to have here however. The question is better posed to the people that are missing. Everyone here supports the music and we can only guess why others who may enjoy the music do not support it.

Okay, that's too much of a revelation about me. Back to giving my useless opinions about the music. ;)

are there any single sistas out there?

DR SS1  :g  :wacko:  :g

RainyDay, I believe -- but she hasn't been around in quite some time. So maybe no longer single???

RainyDay hasn't posted here since November 4 last year, but she's posting quite a bit over on JazzCorner.

I can't believe someone had the guts to post this. I don't think he intended to be some sort of racist or whatever. My ex-piano teacher always used to tell me, I must of been black in my first life.

"We don't want to hear none white opinions," Miles Davis to Bill Evans.

Luckily, he was only joking, but apparently Bill took it the wrong way.

Well, if you go by the old southern "one drop of blood" bit, I'm Black. On the other hand, appearance wise, I make a Scandinavian like Chris look African. (Okay, maybe that's a bit extreme!) Plus I was raised with no knowledge that my great-great grandfather was the black sheep of the family in more ways than one. You tell me what I am; I haven't a clue. ;)

On the other hand, I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape when this question is asked. Perhaps those screaming 'racism' should look within once in a while...

Well, if you go by the old southern "one drop of blood" bit, I'm Black. On the other hand, appearance wise, I make a Scandinavian like Chris look African. (Okay, maybe that's a bit extreme!) Plus I was raised with no knowledge that my great-great grandfather was the black sheep of the family in more ways than one. You tell me what I am; I haven't a clue. ;)

On the other hand, I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape when this question is asked. Perhaps those screaming 'racism' should look within once in a while...

That's why I dont get why people are taking so much offense to this thread. The man just aked if any brothers in the house.