How does your spouse feel about you hanging here?

Hardbopjazz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She doesn't mind now that we have two computers networked so we can both surf at the same time.  We just have to watch it to make sure we don't get on all day and ignore each other...

That's exactly my situation!

Now that we have an iMac, an iBook and Airport, we're not fussing.

My wife likes to tease me about it and refers to "the Organissimos" (or is that "Organissimoes"?) and "your Organissimo buddies." Inevitably I see something here--a topic or a funny remark--that I pass along to her at dinner. She's also become a fan of the band, after hearing the first CD and the Christmas tunes, and is looking forward to THIS IS THE PLACE.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife :wub: really likes my hanging out here. She digs the music, she enjoys Organissimo's latest CD, and she appreciates the things I print out from these forums (usually articles from the Politics forum and articles about her favorite musicians).

She's usually a very busy person. Otherwise, she might visit here too.

Mine doesn't really care but she thinks it's freaky when I tell her I'm going to hang out with someone I met here (abductors are know to hang on jazz boards). I've seen shows with Chuck, EJP626, Jazzshrink, Larry Kart, Uncle Skid, Rachel, Ghost, Jazz Messenger; stayed at Sal's house several times, am meeting JazzKrow and David Gitin in Monterey next month, gone boating with JazzTropic and this kinda freaks her.......I think she thinks I'll be abducted by some Jazz stalker???? When I told her I was going boating with JazzTropic although I had never met him face to face; she just knew I would end up as fish food on the bottom of the ocean! :D

... abducted by some Jazz stalker ... :D:g

That really strikes me as funny for some reason... brings up a mental image a Kenny G fan being kidnapped and forced to listen to Albert Ayler or late Coltrane or something.

My spouse used to think I was a bit crazy hanging out on line with a bunch of "jazz geeks". But after meeting and having dinner with Chuck and Ann (as well as Mr. and Mrs. Upright Bill, and catesta/Katrina), she sees that while were are all definitely jazz geeks, we aren't all that bad!

It also gave her the opportunity to see that I'm not the only one buys tons of jazz CDs. The trick is to only hang out with board members who own *way* more CDs than I do!! ;):w

My girlfriend will ocassionally peek over my shoulder and then go "ooOOooo... Organissimo" in that kind of voice little kids make when they do the "chuck and the O, sittin in a tree..."

Sometimes I'll be telling a story about something "one of my friends" told me, and she'll ask if it's one of my "internet friends."

Doesn't bother her really at all, though. She usually thinks the stuff I mention to her is pretty funny, and knows it's good for me to have other folks to get into all kinds of geeky musical discussions with.