Paul Bley before 1970

Guy Berger

On 1/19/2022 at 0:47 PM, colinmce said:

Both are excellent. If you're a fan of this music, I don't think you'd want to be without them. The retailer millionsofrecords.com has both for 5.99 and 4.99 respectively. 

Thank you for bringing attention to these Bley records. I followed your lead and purchased both from millionsofrecords. Their packaging is excellent, and media mail didn't take as long as I thought it would. :tup

And the playing ... is fantastic. "St. Thomas" never sounded like that.

18 hours ago, Late said:

Thank you for bringing attention to these Bley records. I followed your lead and purchased both from millionsofrecords. Their packaging is excellent, and media mail didn't take as long as I thought it would. :tup

The guy who runs millionsofrecords used to run ebreggae, who had a good jazz selection.  He always did a good job in keeping cd and shipping prices low, packing well, and shipping promptly.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Late said:

The Dutch Fontana Blood?

Yes, though both LPs called Blood were released on Fontana; technically one is called In Haarlem - Blood. That one has two long tracks and has been reissued extensively and cheaply on Arista-Freedom on both CD and LP. The other one with 10 shorter tracks (which the new ezz-thetics CD draws from) is much, much harder to come by. 

5 hours ago, colinmce said:

Yes, though both LPs called Blood were released on Fontana; technically one is called In Haarlem - Blood. That one has two long tracks and has been reissued extensively and cheaply on Arista-Freedom on both CD and LP. The other one with 10 shorter tracks (which the new ezz-thetics CD draws from) is much, much harder to come by. 

:tup Gotcha. So, this one:

MC0xNTYzLmpwZWc.jpeg

Weird that it hasn't seen a reissue since 1990. At least the new ezz-thetics disc will have some of the tracks. Still, I agree, it would have been nice to see the whole album see a reissue.

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2022 at 11:43 AM, colinmce said:

ezz_thetics_1038

Paul Bley Trios Play Annette Peacock

3/6        tracks from Ramblin’         (BYG)
5/10      tracks from Blood             (Fontana)
6/8        tracks from Mr. Joy          (Limelight)

On 10/27/2022 at 2:30 PM, colinmce said:

In Haarlem -- Blood was issued on International Polydor, while Blood was released on Fontana. Both were produced by Alan Bates.