Cadence and Me

Dan Gould

As some already know, I had a wonderful opportunity last May to interview pianist Eddie Higgins. Well, the word just came down-Cadence Magazine wants to publish it!!!!

:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

No word on publishing date and I bet it will take a while since they only publish monthly and probably have quite a backlog, but watch this space for announcements!

Having congratulated you privately, let me also do so here. Congratulations--let there be more to come. Now, How about Bob Weinstock, while there's still time?

Well, I asked Roush and he said that Weinstock would be a little out of their scope since they concentrate on musicians not producers, but if he gave a lot of first person stories about artists and sessions, sure. Otherwise, he'd prefer Ira Sullivan, and I'm hoping that my "in" with Higgins can net me an introduction.

Of course, no one said that a Weinstock interview has to go to Cadence, so ...

Thanks for the offer, Chuck. I'm pretty sure that Eddie will do the introductions, since I think he enjoyed the interview himself and on top of that, I plan to butter him up by offering him my recently acquired copy of one of his very earliest LPs, something Eddie didn't even remember being involved with when he put together his discography.

Dan, congrats. But a word of caution: don't be surprised if it doesn't run until later next year. Cadence historically has a nasty backlog of material, especially interviews. They have had an interview I conducted with Paul Dunmall since last March. Hillary recently informed me it would be published in the December issue. Fine and well, though some of the text might sound a bit dated this far down the road.

Well, you can't win them all, I guess. Just spoke with Eddie, and he said that at first Ira wanted to be paid for an interview, and then he pretty much just shut the discussion down and said "NO". Oh well ... I bet Weinstock's a more interesting interview anyway.