Massive Fantasy Sale On Oldies.com

street singer

I noticed my credit card had been billed for the last two titles of my order I placed waybackwhen. Quite suprising to me, actually, but I'm glad cuz these are the Peter Leitch discs I really wanted to hear!

Woo hoo!!! That's what they were! Order complete!

Edited by Big Al

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if i order a title, i might not get it?

I tried to buy some a couple of days ago. Some were in stock, but when I clicked on others, I got a message saying they had been added to the "buy later" part of the shopping cart, as they had "sold out". Whether that means they may get new stock weeks down the line I don't know.

My first order took 8 days to ship, but it appears to contain all that I ordered.

Edited by rdavenport

Stopped by Daedalus on my way to a gig in Baltimore yesterday. They had a lot of the same Oldies titles but for $1 or $ 2 more.

I picked up 9 titles in all; the last 3 do not seem to have been carried by Oldies.

Bertrand.

$6.98

Monk Himself 20-bit

Milt Jackson 4tet 20-bit

Red Garland's Piano 20-bit

Shirley Horn Monterey

$5.98

Serenade To A Bus Seat (Keepnews)

Nat Adderley: Work Song (Keepnews)

Cannonball In NYC (Keepnews)

Red Garland Soul Junction (RVG)

Lockjaw etc.: Very Saxy (RVG)

I just checked out the Concord site for the first time and, given how small my collection is, it looks like it could be dangerous for my wallet. For the time being, I just want to reach the $50 minimum for free shipping.

Here's a list of the items in my shopping cart (that I want to pick up in addition to Red Garland Trio At the Prelude). Not having heard any of these, I'd like to narrow it down to the most "essential" 4 or 5 for now to reach the $50 minimum. I realize its a subjective question, but are there any in here that you feel you would especially regret not having in your collection.

Red Garland Trio

A Garland Of Red

OJCCD-126-2

Cannonball Adderley Quintet

Plus

OJCCD-306-2

Blue Mitchell

Blue's Moods

OJCCD-138-2

Red Garland

Rediscovered Masters, Vol. 2

OJCCD-769-2

Red Garland

The P.C. Blues

OJCCD-898-2

John Coltrane With The Red Garland Trio

Traneing In [Rudy Van Gelder Remaster]

John Coltrane

Soultrane [Rudy Van Gelder Remaster]

Nat Adderley

Work Song [Keepnews Collection]

RCD-30506

Kenny Burrell

Soul Call

OJCCD-846-2

Kenny Burrell

'Round Midnight

OJCCD-990-2

Edited by Norm

My order took over 10 days to get here, and then there were several not included. Then today, I got three of those, so maybe they'll keep dribbling in. I hope so. One of those dropped was a Ray Barretto I was really looking forward to!

greg mo

Now 21 days since order, 13 days since receiving the shipping notice....................I'm hoping you can still buy CD players by the time they get here.

For those of you who have received partial shipments and have

questions, have you read the following your shipping notice?

UNSHIPPED ITEMS? Please Read!!!

We keep most unshipped items on backorder for up to

30 days from the date of the original order, at which time

the backorder will automatically cancel without further

notice. Items marked C/O (cut-out) or LMTD (limited)

will not be backordered. If you paid by credit card, you

have not been charged for any unshipped item(s). If you

paid by check or money order, this invoice is a credit

memo that can be used on future purchases, or you can

contact us to request that we send you a refund check.

If you log onto Oldies.com, click on "your account" then "latest purchases,"

you can see which titles you might eventually receive (in purple), and which

titles you should start looking for elsewhere (marked "discontinued.")

I once ordered a promo copy of the 10 CD Jazz at the Philharmonic set from Verve plus an Erroll Garner CD. They received my payment and proceeded to send me ten copies of the Garner and no JATP. The lady I contacted was very gracious, told me to keep the extra Garners (which I gave away to friends and added to our premiums at my station) and she also said she'd include an extra copy of JATP for my trouble. I ended up with 4 of them, so I made several friends happy at Christmas.

They shipped everything I ordered and I think my relativity fast delivery time is due to the fact that I'm only a state away.

I'm only 15 minutes away from them and it still takes about a week. And the backorders keep coming in dribs and drabs. They filled 95% of my two large orders eventually - be patient, and whatever you do, don't reorder a title if it hasn't come from the first order!

Well, they got 6 of 7 right in my last order, but somehow the warehouse scrambled some digits and I got Johnny Cash instead of Sonny Stitt. Despite my calling, and then sending along a letter explaining the situation along with the return, they proceeded to send me the Cash back. At this point, I'm through with them. I had nearly all the OJCs I wanted anyway, and I need to cut way back on music purchases, so it's not a difficult decision.

Lesser-known titles I think you shouldn't miss:

Elmo Hope: Hope-Full

Jason Lindner Big Band: Premonition

Memphis Slim's All Kinds of Blues is hitting pretty heavy rotation also.

Edit: one more good one is Hal Galper Live at Redux '78. The Breckers are burning on this one!

Edited by Big Wheel

They shipped everything I ordered and I think my relativity fast delivery time is due to the fact that I'm only a state away.

I'm only 15 minutes away from them and it still takes about a week. And the backorders keep coming in dribs and drabs. They filled 95% of my two large orders eventually - be patient, and whatever you do, don't reorder a title if it hasn't come from the first order!

I didn't let all this stop me from placing another order this afternoon!

I can wait, a week isn't bad.

• 7 months later...