Massive Fantasy Sale On Oldies.com

street singer

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latinsville by Victor Feldman

You will like this one as much as the Tjader CDs, Al - it includes the only session with Mongo Santamaria, Willie Bobo, and Armando Peraza in one band!

Yes, I meant to PM you about this. I listened to it on Rhapsody and what a very cool surprise! It really does sound like the best album Cal Tjader never made!

Yesterday, I broke down and ordered 4 copies of the Stitt box. Today, I got a shipping notice and a credit card charge suggesting that all four shipped. (That was my entire order. One copy for my favorite library and three Christmas gift copies. I really do like that box. Hope my mother-in-law does too.)

Very much agree with Hans. I don't know why my 8 July order was cancelled yesterday either, and BeBop's from only a couple of days ago has been filled.

After talking with them on the phone I still don't understand.

My "hope" turned out to be short lived. I got a cancellation notice, and an assurance that my credit card charge would be refunded.

I'm keeping my hopes "in-check", but I got re-billed, presumably for the Stitts, on Friday 31 July.

Check those on-line credit card bills.

So far I have 6 out of 13 ordered titles in-hand. I have been billed for the remaining 7 and customer service assured me that they are on their way with none of the ordered titles in backorder. (That means I should be getting "Stitt's Bits") I was getting antsy about my 7/5 order because I hadn't seen any action on it and hadn't heard anything on it until a day or two ago. I was concerned that they would cancel the entire order after 30 days since they hadn't shipped a partial order.

These CDs have some serious, no-nonsense spine cuts. I was able to insert the stacked edges of a penny and nickle into most of them and nearly all went half-way into the black/hinged edge. There'd be no mistaking that any of these would be retail-returnable product to the labels. They're not pretty but still, there's no complaints. They may be cracked and cut wide and deep but I'm buying them for the music.

I ordered 3 items (Swingin with Pee Wee, Life of a Song SACD and Stitt's Bits) on July 4th. I finally called for an update last Friday about 1:00 pm. Receive an e-mail on Friday at 6:00 pm that my order shipped. Coincidence? Today 2 out of 3 items arrived. No Stitt's Bits. Both cds I received had the "cut out" spine cuts that Mike describes. I find this annoying. The plastic pieces get into the jewel case. I ordered 22 during the Concord sale. All arrived in perfect condition. I'm not ordering from oldies again.

Another update.......I called oldies customer service about the Stitt's Bits since it is 30 days past my original order and I didn't want them to cancel the backorder. They told me it shipped yesterday. I asked for the amount charged to confirm $4.98 that should be charged. They told me the amount charged was $8.93. When I told them they shouldn't charge shipping twice since I only placed one order, they agreed and said the $3.95 would be credited back to my card. FYI

Well, after seeing some of the recent comments in here, I called again. This time the lady I spoke with said my previous order got caught up in a time period where it was out of stock somehow, and ultimately didn't get shipped. She apologized and said my order would ship today or tomorrow.

We'll see.

Today is August 8th and I finally got the remaining 6 titles from my July 5th order. "Stitt's Bits" was one of the 6. It's a real shame that they had to deface that nice/thick cardboard sleeve on the Stitt box with that humungous spine cut. I wish they blacked out the bar code instead.

Today is August 8th and I finally got the remaining 6 titles from my July 5th order. "Stitt's Bits" was one of the 6. It's a real shame that they had to deface that nice/thick cardboard sleeve on the Stitt box with that humungous spine cut. I wish they blacked out the bar code instead.

I (tried to?) cancel my order because of this. First, I really don't want to give an abused item as a gift - even to a library - and second, NO MORE VIOLENCE even against jewel cases.

I (tried to?) cancel my order because of this. First, I really don't want to give an abused item as a gift - even to a library - and second, NO MORE VIOLENCE even against jewel cases.

Don't be silly - you wanted to give a $5 item to a library and the cut would shame you? The library will deface it many ways and you would deprive the library of a nice bunch of music.

I had most of the music in the Stitt box and never pulled the $30 trigger. For $5 I can live with the mark.

If they insist on sending you the "abused" set, send it to me, I'll give you a dollar bonus and give it to my library.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

Here are the items missing from my order:

Hampton Hawes: Piano East/West

Ernie Henry: Seven Standards & a Blues

Steve Lacy: Evidence

Freddie Hubbard: Keystone Bop Sunday Night

Arnett Cobb: Blow, Arnett, Blow

Jimmy Forrest: Sit Down and Relax With Jimmy

Not a bad fill rate, I received 53 CDs.