Massive Fantasy Sale On Oldies.com

street singer

Interesting. My order also shows this. Two exceptions are titles that I found outside of the sale, Joanne Brackeen's Invitation and Randy Weston's African Cookbook. For these, there is no mention of Special Order Item. Maybe SOI only denotes that the items were part of the Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale. Patience.

As I mentioned in my original post, I've experienced slowness from Oldies (Nina's Discount Warehouse) before. They've always come through for me...in the past; no promises that I can't keep here! (That isn't to say every item I ever ordered, though I can't recall incomplete orders.)

Since I didn't order anything from this sale, I'll just hold a good thought for y'all.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Orchard Peaches....mmmmmm...towards the back, in the shade,,,,lovers unite and the nectar begins to flow freely, all through the night as solid lives gradually yield to the pleasure of the caressing liquidity of the nectuar juice, the life of another body pouring itself out, over. on, and in all who want to have it so, to have their tumescence reach its maximum state of engorgement at the prospect of being immersed in unknown life's soft, wet, ever yielding liquid, but NOT liquid - NECTAR, the nectar of the lovers who were waiting to receive the Black Orchard Peaches..for their numerous orders, many pieces of which had become so intimately co-mingled as to form a wall of upthrusting and sliding loving receptacles for all who wish, as the girls no longer wait for the boys to set the pace.

This afternoon, only 2 of my 9 titles were not a special order. Now, it's down to 1. 6 of the 9 are still on the Concord site. Who knows how this will turn out.

Bertrand.

I think this is right. Very few of us may receive what we ordered. ......On the other hand, it gives Concord a hint at what they should keep IN STOCK!!

Wishful thinking, I know.

:D :D

Last year, Concord put some titles back on their site that had dropped off (there was the Jenkins/Jordan/Timmons, Don Friedman's Day In The City, a Wallington and a Dickerson among others). I called to ask what was up, and they said they had located titles in a warehouse they had overlooked before (or something like that). Of course I ordered a few pronto.

Perhaps this is the same deal - oldies got access to a stock that had been overlooked? So they could still find some of these titles.

Since they have a phone number they actually answer 7 days a week, I will call later this w/e to find out why titles went from 1-3 days to special order. When I ordered, she did say I wouldn't be charged for titles they can't get. Does this mean they already knew some of the Fantasy titles would be hard to track down? Don't know.

Bertrand.

Got a newsletter from Oldies today about the Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale. "Over 2,300 CDs" it says, and in big letters: "Don't be confused by the price, all CDs are brand new and sealed in original factory shrink wrap".

Would be strange to send out a newsletter today and say that if they don't actually have or have access to the CDs. But what do I know? It's 6 days since I ordered and they still say that they ship in 1-3 days.

I think there's a good chance this is all just their personal language and it's a matter of them filling stock from several locatons.

We'll see. At these prices, my attitude is "I'll take what I can get and be damned happy aobut it."

We'll see. At these prices, my attitude is "I'll take what I can get and be damned happy about it."

That's mine too. I kinda expected this which is my excuse for adding a few more discs to more order, figuring that they might not be able to fill the order in full.

Since they have a phone number they actually answer 7 days a week, I will call later this w/e to find out why titles went from 1-3 days to special order. When I ordered, she did say I wouldn't be charged for titles they can't get. Does this mean they already knew some of the Fantasy titles would be hard to track down? Don't know.

Bertrand.

What's the word from Oldies?

shipping notice received this evening, all items shipped.

Lockjaw Davis Trane Whistle

Lester Young In Washington D.C. 1956, Volume 5

The Jimmy Woods Sextet Conflict

Sonny Stitt Stitt's Bits: BeBop Recordings 1949-1952 (

Thelonious Monk Monk's Music (advertised as the K-2 version, let's hpe so...)

Jack DeJohnette The DeJohnette Complex

Art Blakey Child's Dance

Art Blakey Mission Eternal

Cannonball Adderley Pyramid

Mostly filled some inexcusable holes...no excuse not to at these prices...

order placed on 7/05

Although I have not received a shipment notification and my order status on the website has not changed, yesterday my credit charge was charged an amount less than the total amount of my order. So I suspect some of the items are not avaibale and hopefully the shipment is on the way. I also just placed another big order. As we are all reasoning - at these prices it is worth it to try to fill some holes.