AAJ forums

7/4

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AllAboutJazz Forums are up and running again this morning. The leader of the forum posted an explanation:

"The forum was the victim of a denial of service attack. I'm hoping we'll remain up, and until we improve our registration security (aka CAPTCHA), we will not accept new registrations. Also, we are one year into a four year contract with JustHost, so we plan to be around for at least another three years. We would not close the forum without advanced notice.

is anyone good still writing for them? I can't remember if Broomer is still there or not.

I always like John Kelman's reviews and he is a pretty gifted photographer too. Dom Minasi still writes for them too, pretty sharp insight on certain subjects. I remember an article he wrote on teaching f.e. I don't think I know Broomer.

Boards the likes of this are quite important in the world of misc. product enthusiasts.

If you're a Chevy Corvette nut, or Harley Davidson, or most any type of car the board_type forums are vital.

I'm sure this is not exclusive to transportation....just the type I have some familiarity with.

Totally independent of the manufacturers, it's where the fanatics gather for all things they love and dislike and come together the get 'the scoop'.

Naturally, jazz around here IS the product and it's where fanatics come to find out what's going on and to learn a few things.

Even more true for orphan cars like Studebaker...

• 3 months later...

What I find baffling is that though I did register at AAJ at about the same time I registered at organissimo, I have not had a closer look at AAJ (let along its forums) for at least 6 or 7 years or so, lately (i.e. that past year or so) all of a sudden I keep getting "newsletter" mails from AAJ again (after not having heard from AAJ in any way for many years) touting this and that event or whatever ...

Can't be bothered with the kind of activity THEY promote, but I wonder what's going on anyway - somebody digging up some age-old mail address list again?

What I find baffling is that though I did register at AAJ at about the same time I registered at organissimo, I have not had a closer look at AAJ (let along its forums) for at least 6 or 7 years or so, lately (i.e. that past year or so) all of a sudden I keep getting "newsletter" mails from AAJ again (after not having heard from AAJ in any way for many years) touting this and that event or whatever ...

Can't be bothered with the kind of activity THEY promote, but I wonder what's going on anyway - somebody digging up some age-old mail address list again?

Same here.

Hey all, newbie here, but a member of AAJ since maybe ’07 (“1/2 Baked”). It’s nice to see a few old faces over here. :Nod: Hopefully I can chime in now and again and maybe add a cogent thought or two.

As of this morning, AAJ was still down, and I haven’t found anything on its main site suggesting when or if it’ll be back. This isn’t hugely surprising, as it’s the third time it’s been down for a prolonged period in the last couple of years, and I’ve never really known what the deal was. It’s lost a lot of good folks each time, it seems, and the forum has been in palpable decline for some time. I’ve been thinking about making a switch for a while now . . .

Anyway, I look forward to hanging around some, maybe getting to know some folks.

Cheers

Hey all, newbie here, but a member of AAJ since maybe ’07 (“1/2 Baked”). It’s nice to see a few old faces over here. :Nod: Hopefully I can chime in now and again and maybe add a cogent thought or two.

As of this morning, AAJ was still down, and I haven’t found anything on its main site suggesting when or if it’ll be back. This isn’t hugely surprising, as it’s the third time it’s been down for a prolonged period in the last couple of years, and I’ve never really known what the deal was. It’s lost a lot of good folks each time, it seems, and the forum has been in palpable decline for some time. I’ve been thinking about making a switch for a while now . . .

Anyway, I look forward to hanging around some, maybe getting to know some folks.

Cheers

Great to see you here 1/2 Baked!

1/2 Baked/His Boy Elroy is good people, folks.

Howdee, my friend! How lovely to see you here! :) I didn't hear anything (yet) about why the AAJ forums is down this time. I didn't want to ask Ian about it, since he has had so much going on the past year, the other mods I don't really speak to on a regular basis. That first time the forums was down Mike did sent a message to Jerry, who told me. I suspect he didn't this time.
Lots of friendly people here too, some new names to get familiar with. To me you'll always be 1/2B, so I might make a mistake once or twice. ;)
How's the art going?

liefs, page

Edited by page