Losing Lisa

BeBop

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can relate, sadly. Lost my wife to colon cancer at age 43. The first year was tough, but it got better. I know that is weak solace, indeed, but, beyond telling you I am thinking of you and feeling for you and wishing you had not joined this particular club, it's about the best I can do. I am so very sorry.

gregmo

Having come very close to being in your shoes just recently, my heart goes out to you. I know I'm not you, but I think what I would do is take up some interest I hadn't pursued recently. and let yourself greive when you need to. I'm sure there are more people you could reach out to than you even realize.

Take care, Dana

My deepest sympathy, BeBop.

Words are said easily and it may sound shallow if I say I can imagine how you feel - but I really can. My mother died of breast cancer at 49 (when I was 12) and my younger brother died of leukemia at 20. So you see ... way too early too ...

Hope you will find the strength wherever you look for it (including in your favorite music).

Do take care!

Lost my wife of 36 years in 2007, no hope of any remedy from the time of diagnosis in 1998. Took me about three years to recover, if that's the right word. As vocalist Jackie Cain said of the death of her 23-year-old daughter in a car crash, "You never get over it; you get past it."

Take care of yourself.

Thanks to you all. Sincerely. I'll spare the details, but there's a rift between me and my wife's family, so I'm pretty alone/isolated right now...but I knew it was coming and I'm dealing with it. I really do appreciate the thoughts posted here. All of them. Good reminders that we all experience loss and we all survive.

I'll make special acknowledgement of Dana because I read the recent "Don't Forget to Say "I Love You"" thread and it really resonated with me. So go do it. Every day. I'm glad I did, 25 years worth.