Worthwhile Mingus interpretations by others

I think I recall but can't find a thread that spoke of the alleged dearth of worthwhile interpretations of Mingus' music by others. Let me recommend then"Mingus!" (jazzwerkstatt 105), recorded in 2010, by Gebhard Ullmann's Ta Lam 11 -- an ensemble of ten reed players and an accordianist (judging by their names, all of the players, and Ullmann, seem to be German).  It's superb IMO, though it may be hard to find.

3 hours ago, Larry Kart said:

I got mine from Ullmann too, at Elastic Arts. IIRC, Ullman played well that night (was he the only horn?), but I really like how he handles this album's  deeply voiced multi-reed ensemble. Maybe Steve Swell was there?

Steve Swell was there the 3 times I saw Ullmann. I think they were at our house one night.

On 8.9.2022 at 11:17 PM, Д.Д. said:

Nicolas Simion (with Ed Schuller and Patrice Heral) plays an excellent version of "Duke Ellington's Sound of Love":

Oh, I knew Nicolae Simion very well since he came to Austria (he changes his surname from the original Romanian "Nicolae" to "Nicolas" :() . We played some gigs together before he settled in Köln. 
I remember the first time I met him, it was a Jam Session I led at a club named "Tunnel" and didn´t know him. He had his tenor, came up on stage and wow !!!!! He spoke English and I thought he might be from the States, so much tenor he played and so damn good. Soon I would chase other, weaker musicians from stage to have only him with the trio and it was heaven on Earth. Well after someone told me he´s from RO I talked to him in his language and we played some gigs. Only the last time I missed it. It would have been a tribute to Monk and I was scheduled, but didn´t appear, it was "just one of those things.....", man he was pissed off and he was damn right.