Organissimo Board is 20 years old! Congrats Jim!

Aggie87

On 4/2/2023 at 1:54 PM, mjzee said:

Wowza! Memory Lane Express.  I see that back in January of 2002 I was suggesting that Mosaic do Roy Eldridge and Illinois Jacquet sets drawn from their Verve recordings. One out of two ain't bad... can only add my love and appreciation for this board to what's already been said.  Still by far the best place on the Internet to discuss jazz afaic, thanks to Jim's stewardship and the great mix of members. Some significant friendships made and much knowledge acquired here.  Hell yeah to another 20 years! 

37 minutes ago, bresna said:

www.organissimo.org has been "under maintenance" for a few weeks now. Unless you have this forum bookmarked, you won't find it and unless Jim and the band decide to resurrect their website, it's unlikely that we'll be seeing too many new members here... not like we get a lot now. :)

Yeah, I have that concern too. Heck, how many users — to say nothing of lurkers — don’t even know the board is back?

Yes, a Google search on “Organissimo forum” does get you here — but if anyone just searches on “Organissmo” only, it looks like we’ve gone the way of the dodo. :unsure:

Yes, it would be helpful to have the primary landing page working.

Having said that, I was on the other night and there were maybe 5-6 registered users and maybe 25-30 lurkers.  So … somehow people are finding the place.

Edited by Eric

20 years ! Wow, congratulations. 

I´m very very glad to be here, great guys from all over the world. My English is not the best, I learned it mostly from reading liner notes when I was a boy, and from musician´s talk when it´s up to play, so sometimes it´s a bit harder for me, but really a challenge. 
So interesting, and like a family. 

On 4/13/2023 at 9:41 PM, Gheorghe said:

20 years ! Wow, congratulations. 

I´m very very glad to be here, great guys from all over the world. My English is not the best, I learned it mostly from reading liner notes when I was a boy, and from musician´s talk when it´s up to play, so sometimes it´s a bit harder for me, but really a challenge. 
So interesting, and like a family. 

Gheorghe, your English is just fine, and you have excellent taste in Bop-era trumpeters!!