Braxton/Mariano "Elegy for a Goose" -- anyone have this?

clifford_thornton

24 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

I am inclined to say I have heard of it before but never seen a copy. Does it actually exist?

https://www.discogs.com/release/15827956-Charlie-Mariano-Meets-Anthony-Braxton-Elegy-For-A-Goose

Joe Fonda was on this recording (if it exists 😉). He's (at least semi-) local, you could probably ask him. I've communicated with Joe before via his website.

Edited by T.D.

On 4/14/2023 at 6:32 PM, colinmce said:

I have never seen nor heard of this. I'd wonder if it's even real myself. 

This LP most probably does not exist. Discovered this at Discogs almost three years ago. I've asked Günter Sommer. He even went into his archive and he is 100% sure that he never was part of this recording.  The same question was asked to Aki Takase by the original submitter. She is sure never to have played let alone recorded in this line-up. The original submitter found this "release" (it would have been rather a double LP - tt 62:14) at the former website of Charlie Mariano's daughter. She insisted that this LP does exist but never saw it by herself. I strongly tend to believe Günter Sommer and Aki Takase.

Edited by Onxidlib

9 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Which daughter? 

I do not know - the original submitter of "Elegy for a Goose" contacted one of Mariano's daughters after I've mailed him wether he has this LP. He did not have it. He made a web-submission - culled data from the "Charlie Mariano Tribute" website.

• 3 months later...
On 4/17/2023 at 5:38 PM, Onxidlib said:

I do not know - the original submitter of "Elegy for a Goose" contacted one of Mariano's daughters after I've mailed him wether he has this LP. He did not have it. He made a web-submission - culled data from the "Charlie Mariano Tribute" website.

Isn't this against Discogs submission guidelines? You got to have a copy in hand to make a submission.