Weather Report Live in Berlin 1971

gvopedz

On 9/5/2023 at 7:48 PM, gvopedz said:

I should have posted this weblink:

https://heavyweathershop.com/

per them:

Heavy Weather Shop is based in Los Angeles, California and owned and run by the Zawinul Estate.  Our partners include Wayne Shorter and Tony Zawinul's production companies, Zawinul Legacy Productions & Gang of Four Films.

We strive to provide Weather Report and Zawinul Syndicate fans with quality products and exceptional customer service and we hope to grow with each coming year.

Hi all. Yes, this is a legit release done in partnership with Tony Zawinul and NDR radio archives with their brilliant soundboard archives. 

"Live in Berlin 1971" will be released on 27th October, 2023. Available formats are 2CD, 2LP (black) and two different colored LP editions - one in GAD Records store and one at heavyweathershop.com. Pre-orders are available now.

Weather_Report_Live_in_Berlin_1971_200x200.jpg?v=1693938541

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 7:56 PM, barnaba.siegel said:

Hi all. Yes, this is a legit release done in partnership with Tony Zawinul and NDR radio archives with their brilliant soundboard archives. 

"Live in Berlin 1971" will be released on 27th October, 2023. Available formats are 2CD, 2LP (black) and two different colored LP editions - one in GAD Records store and one at heavyweathershop.com. Pre-orders are available now.

Weather_Report_Live_in_Berlin_1971_200x200.jpg?v=1693938541

I have a stupid question. Is this the same website/company that did the Weather Report crowdsourcing documentary years ago? I know it was either Kickstarter or Indiegogo I gave them like a few hundred bucks and never got anything and never heard back from my emails. Does anyone else remember this?

Did anyone get this? It shows as sold out from the label, and neither Amazon nor Deepdiscount have it. Where else can I get it?

On 10/17/2023 at 6:30 PM, Rooster_Ties said:

Lovely to see — especially nice to also see Karen.  The tone and tenor of the whole thing is pure Carla (and those closest to her in perfect sympathy, but of course).  Really enjoyed that clip.

t?

Comparing the LP and CD, LP version omits 2 of 3 tracks with Surman/Skidmore/Thelin, Sunrise and Mato Grosso Feio.

I wager they did not want to do it a 3 LP set, but come on, those are the tracks that make this concert unique. Especially Mato Grosso Feio, such a beautiful Shorter composition, something that would fit right in on Native Dancer album, and with this nice angular early Weather Report sound to boot.

CD it is for me, I guess.

Edited by sambrasa
grammar