jazzbo

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, hopkins said:

Here are the tracks in a text file (separators are tabs). It can be useful to copy/paste the data in your tags if you rip the CD.

And I added a release on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/release/29130643-Don-Byas-Classic-Don-Byas-Sessions-1944-1946

Tracks.txt 9.32 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks for doing all that!  Not being one of the first to receive the box may have a hidden silver lining: the music databases may well be populated with metadata by the time I get my set. I'd hate to think of typing in 9 cds worth of data 🤨

2 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

The problem with that shipper is that he tends to drop his cargo at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser. 

I wasn't referring to the shipper, who actually did well by me on this release, but to the likelihood of the legendary Bill Barron box ever materializing. "Far" was a mixed metaphor.

@Ken Dryden

I renumbered the track on my discogs submission, as you requested.

https://www.discogs.com/release/29130643-Don-Byas-Classic-Don-Byas-Sessions-1944-1946

I have written to Mosaic to ask them if I can get a larger image of the box set, but I doubt they will send one.

If anyone scans the cover (my scanner is too small), please forward it!

Edited by hopkins

7 hours ago, romualdo said:

set on the way to Australia - coming via Fedex!!!

scheduled delivery date Dec 14 - what a shock. I definitely wasn't expecting it before christmas based on my previous Ascendia mishaps.

Fedex is pretty fast. Japan-Netherlands mostly takes 5 days. But some of my packages were damaged unfortanetely

7 hours ago, Tom in RI said:

Just listened to most of disc 1 this morning, there is some significant distortion on track 13 at the end of the tenor solo at about 1:10. Anybody else notice this?

Yes, there's something going on with the microphones at that point in the track. This must be in the original tapes. So far, I am very happy with the quality of the box set, given the source material. I have not yet listened to all CDs.

Edited by hopkins