Whole batch of Mosaic Selects and Singles running low

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some "Running Low" sets are on sale til 8/31, looks like 10% off. A few new additions to the RL list, as well, Lionel Hampton, Artie Shaw, Quincy Jones.

Two Weeks Only: Sale Ends August 31st
With limited editions, saying farewell to sets is the nature of the beast. We have announced six sets from some of the greatest artists in jazz that are running low and slated for deletion. Leases from the record labels that own the masters are finite, but there are other factors involved. We also have to live by the old adage "out with the old and in with the new", as we have to make room for new sets both space-wise and and financially.
Edited by bluesoul

• 2 weeks later...

I see both the Jazz Crusaders and the Akiyoshi/Tabackin are now on Last Chance - these happen to be the two I ordered months ago ... my instincts seemto be working properly. Got the Hutcherson Select, and now it's gone. But right now I don't have the money, although the Quincy, Hamp, and Woody are on my wish list ...

I decided to go for the Quincy Jones - that's the one I want the most, and I can sell or give away the two Impulse and ABC discs I already have. Glad to see there are no overlaps with the 4 CD European Concerts box I have.

Question Re: the Hampton: Is there any single disc with the complete all-star sax section session with Gillespie? - that's the one session I'd really love to have.

• 3 weeks later...