Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghost of miles

Catesta?

13 posts in this topic

Anybody heard from Catesta recently? I just noticed that he hasn’t posted in almost a year, and his last log-in was in February. Hope he’s OK and just taking a long break from the board.

Was he one of the guys Jim drove off the board?

No, he was not.

Actually, there's only been one that I know of - Paul Secor. And hey kinda took his own car on that one.

I've heard from at least one other prolific poster that you were why he left. 

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

No, he was not.

Actually, there's only been one that I know of - Paul Secor. And hey kinda took his own car on that one.

I'm another one, though I still occasionally lurk and post here, but I keep my posts at a minimum. There are more who left because of you, but I'm not going to name names, I only speak for myself. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Edited by J.A.W.

Welcome back! Again!

Maybe the wrong thread, but Jim R hasn't posted in three years. I miss his contributions. 

People are too prickly, and ought to develop a thicker skin. If one or more of the people — even mods — around here are an ass on occasion (and even a big pain in the ass now and then), that’s just the way it goes.

People (imho, too) easily bent out of shape, are likely to find plenty things not to their liking where ever they want to find them.

Have I gotten rubbed the wrong way by stuff here on occasion? Sure. Did I let it piss me off enough to want to jump ship? Well, doing so would have been more to my own detriment, than to anyone else here.

I do have some sympathy for those who have felt aggrieved here and there — but they (like me) shouldn’t let it get to them/myself. Life’s a lot easier when you don’t let stuff drag you down. In most cases — especially in terms of online discussion forums — it’s just not worth getting worked up over (even when you think or know you are in the right).

1 hour ago, Rooster_Ties said:

I do have some sympathy for those who have felt aggrieved here and there — but they (like me) shouldn’t let it get to them/myself. Life’s a lot easier when you don’t let stuff drag you down. In most cases — especially in terms of online discussion forums — it’s just not worth getting worked up over (even when you think or know you are in the right).

So how does that work in the current case of the Sexiest Album Covers thread?  It would be nice if Sangrey didn't "let stuff drag you down," and in fact leave it alone.  Instead, he's intent of stinking up the place.  I am seriously thinking of cutting down my yearly $ contribution to this board because Sangrey thinks he owns this place.

36 minutes ago, mjzee said:

So how does that work in the current case of the Sexiest Album Covers thread?  It would be nice if Sangrey didn't "let stuff drag you down," and in fact leave it alone.  Instead, he's intent of stinking up the place.

No idea, I only peruse the Sexiest Album Covers thread periodically — and even then, I sure ain’t reading it “for the articles” (or the nouns, adverbs, prepositions, or any other part of speech).

If a particular thread or topic gives you heartburn, just avoid it.

I get that something rustled your jimmies — mine get rustled now and then too. But a conscious effort to just not let anything bother you is all it takes — to preserve one’s jimmies in a unrustled state.

I occasionally fail at it, but by and large I try not to let shit get to me. And more often than not, it doesn’t. Takes a little practice, but after a while, it’s kinda second nature.

I’m not taking anyone’s side in all this — nor am I defending anyone. If someone’s a pain in the ass, so be it. Doesn’t mean they have to be a pain in MY ass.

This thread is supposed to be an expression of concern about Chris Testa.