Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the Lou Donaldson and Bennie Green sets. Haven't listened to them yet, though. Re the Bennie Green: Does anyone know what were the tracks from the Congo Lament session that were left off this set? I'm wondering if I have them on the Ike Quebec 45s Sessions.

Just got the Lou Donaldson and Bennie Green sets. Haven't listened to them yet, though. Re the Bennie Green: Does anyone know what were the tracks from the Congo Lament session that were left off this set? I'm wondering if I have them on the Ike Quebec 45s Sessions.

From (failing) memory I say no. The remaining tracks are from a quartet by Q and the rhythm section. They were on the BN cd called "Easy Living". They might be elsewhere in the BN/Mosaic world.

The titles were:

I've Got A Crush On You

Easy Living

Nancy

From (failing) memory I say no. The remaining tracks are from a quartet by Q and the rhythm section. They were on the BN cd called "Easy Living". They might be elsewhere in the BN/Mosaic world.

The titles were:

I've Got A Crush On You

Easy Living

Nancy

Chuck's correct. They were issued on "Easy living" BST84103 in 1987, with 3 other tracks from the session:

Congo lament

Que's pill

See see rider

Previously, the latter 3 tracks, together with 2 others from the same session

BG's groove two

I Q shuffle

had been issued on LT1089 "Congo lament".

The complete session was issued as "Easy living" CD CDP-7-46846.

Those three tracks haven't been issued in any other way, as far as I know.

MG

Mos-197.jpg Disc #3

I'm really enjoying this set. The 3'rd disc features excellent playing by both Stanley and Tommy Turrentine. Tommy is someone I've mentioned in another thread on this board whom I'm really getting into. To have him on this set is just icing on the cake. On the track 'Rastus', Tommy really shines. :tup Also the fact that I have little of Stanley playing in my collection has served as a good intro to his music.

Edited by Tom 1960