Who have you met....

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only met .:.impossible, though he seems to have forgotten me from his list. He contacted me when he was moving to RI and I was in Providence at that time. I sent him the Providence yellow pages so he could call about jobs. At first he couldn't figure out why I would send them. How are the vibes you got? Say hi to Shawn!

no one so far but on my next vacations which are due by september/october i'll probably be in Paris & madrid so i will try to get an autograph from Brownie (The Legend) and meet with Tom Storer. hopefully Agustin lives in Madrid so i'll be glad to meet him too

Big Al was supposed to come to Sao Paulo and i was planning to do a little trip there to meet him but i'm not sure if his plans are still up

if anyne wants to visit Rio de Janeiro i'll be your host :)

Marcus

Dave, I'm so sorry! Nothing personal of course. I'm sure I've forgotten someone else as well. Never met Vint, but I feel like I have... A lot has changed around here for us since you moved. We are short-timers for New England now. The vibes are great. I'm really enjoying them. Tell Phyllis hello for me.

Big Al was supposed to come to Sao Paulo and i was planning to do a little trip there to meet him but i'm not sure if his plans are still up

Yeah, the plans are still there. I have no idea when, but it'll be sometime before July (that's when the package expires). I'll definitely let you know when we do, though! :tup:)

I'm very impressed with how many of you actually have met face to face.  :tup

For me its' only been one, Dmitry.

I've talked with soulstation1 and most recently Peter Johnson on the telephone.

Hopefully I will be having lunch or dinner with maren next week in NY, it would be nice if any other members in the area could join us.

I also will be in Philly that weekend, if all works out, I hope to meet with Peter Johnson. Who knows, I may be fortunate enough to connect with a few other members in Philly as well.

Have plans this summer to hit a few more places.

Catesta,

Let me know the where and when of lunch/dinner with Maren- if I possibly can, I'd love to join you folks. I can then meet my first board members. :tup

Very cool.

I'm going to leave picking the place to maren. My guess, lunch would be somewhere around Union Square.

I'll be in touch.

Can I join in on this lunch?

Chuck is probably right, but what the hell.

I sent maren a PM for her to pick a time and spot.

I'm coming from Queens in the morning.

Anybody else?

I'm interested, depending on the day and time, and if anyone needs any suggestions for restaurants or bars with good draft beer selections, I'm your man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JSangrey and family (dog too)

Chuck Nessa/Mrs Nessa

I heard Michael Weiss a few years ago when he played at Dallas 'Jazz Under the Stars' (I think in the company of Marchel Ivery) and perhaps I have on occasion been in the near proximity of other Dallas area board members at whatever jazz venue.....? I also understand that there are other ex-UNT guys in here (from the late 70's when Sangrey and I were there).  I didn't actually meet Mr JS until a few years back when we did a musical thing together at the old Winedale Tavern.

Having grown up in Dallas, I played with Marchel on a number of occasions, beginning with the Recovery Room in the 1970s. Coincidentally I got a call from him yesterday. But for the Jazz Under the Stars concert I brought down Eric Alexander, John Webber and Joe Farnsworth with me. That was in 1998. Haven't been back since.

• 1 year later...

Up for the hell of it. :)

I had lunch with a couple of fellow board members visiting NYC the other day, so I thought I would update my list.

maren

skeith

Guy Berger

PhillyQ

7/4

Dmitry

Chuck Nessa

Lazaro Vega

Uncle Skid

Jim Alfredson

Joe Gloss

Randy Marsh

Son-of-a-Weizen

sheldonm

jazzkrow

Michael Weiss

And telephone conversations with..

Peter Johnson

Ron S

soulstation1

Still have several in the immediate area with meetings pending.

Edited by catesta

Goofy topic but who on this board had you actually met face to face....I have met...

Ghost of Miles (several times)

Rachel

Jazzmessenger

Jazzshrink

Sal (many times)

ejp626 (several times)

jazztropic

Chuck Nessa

Larry Kart

Cannonball Addict

Uncle Skid....

I think that's it!

Mark

As the starter of this particular thread, I have more to add. Just earlier this week I met Catesta and his wife, and in the past several months, Joe G, Randy Marsh and Jim Alfredson. In the past year, jazzkrow and David Gitin.

m~

Umm, let me see...

Organissimo band members

Chuck (and Mrs. Nessa )

Jim Dye

GregK

AbutionII (and Mrs. Abution)

Spoke to Kevin Bresnahan on the phone.

And that's it? :o

I thought I had met more.

Should be able to meet Upright Bill and Skid sometime as they are not too far away.

I can add the following to my original list:

Rachel

GregN

Allison --er, what's your Organissimo name again?

also, have been to stereo jack's a number of times, with k.b.

Then you are on my list, Mike, along with:

Kevin Bresnahan

Jazzshrink

Martyjazz

Stevebop

Dmitry

all 3 members of Organissimo, who Kevin brought in when they were in town

Michael Weiss, who I believe has been in the store

Big Al (haven't figured out who you are yet, but I'm sure we've spoken) :blink: