Which Jazz box set are you grooving to right now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working my way through the Mosaic Basie Roulette studio set which I bought in the 90s. Of all the sets in any genre and I have wayyyy too many, this one remains a favorite. Great sound and, of course, timeless music.

5 hours ago, mr jazz said:

I've been working my way through the Mosaic Basie Roulette studio set which I bought in the 90s. Of all the sets in any genre and I have wayyyy too many, this one remains a favorite. Great sound and, of course, timeless music.

A fantastic set! I've neglected this one for some time. . . since I bought the Japanese reissues from Warner that honestly . . . sound a bit better. That surprised me, but since they are in original album format it's easy to grab one and play it. . . and I do.

5 hours ago, mr jazz said:

Yeah I love that set too.  The several Basie sets - the 4 disc and 8 disc early sets, the Verve set, and the two Roulette sets - are some of my favorite Mosaics.  With those soloists the material rewards anew each time you put it on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chuck Nessa said:

I have all the originals, but missed the box. Michael could not help but sent the booklet.

Oh - that's a shame! Too bad he couldn't help you out. Nice to have the book, though.