Best track you heard all week

jazzbo

Shorty Rogers And His Giants- Martians Go Home. Nice quirky laid back groove on this one.

No, man, Martians Come Back!

maybe Suzie Q. - excited about the whole CCR 40th Anniversary box! :excited:

Oh man, for me CCR'sSuzie Q is far weaker than either the Stones' or Dale Hawkins' original...

maybe Suzie Q. - excited about the whole CCR 40th Anniversary box! :excited:

Oh man, for me CCR's "Suzie Q" is far weaker than either the Stones' (on 12X5) or Dale Hawkins' original...Fogerty does write nice tho'

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Laugh, Laugh by the Beau Brummels. I hadn't heard this song in at least a decade, maybe longer, and it sounds completely different to me now than it did then. Then, it was kind of Hollies-lite sounding, now I'm hearing Jefferson Airplane. Am I losing my mind?

Edited by Jazzmoose

"I Thought About You" my favorite track from the Miles Davis '63 Antibes Festival performance. First discovered this on the four cd set "The Columbia Years," then in better sound on the "Seven Steps" box set, and it's now on the separate "Miles in Europe" cd (and in the new Columbia Album Collection set).

Just beautiful and moving.

"Share Your Love with Me" by Aretha Franklin, which keeps hitting me this week for personal reasons. I realized recently that "This Girl's In Love with You" was the only 'sixties/1970 lp by Aretha I had only on vinyl and not on cd, and corrected that quickly. And got stuck on that song.

Not a jazz track, but an indie pop-rock one--a lost song by the La's (UK group that recorded one legendary album):

I Am the Key

I played that album to death in 1991! I don't know if you ever heard of The Coral - another Liverpudlian group (they seem to have disappeared after about 2004). I always felt they were cut from the same cloth, right down to their singer being a dead ringer for Lee Mavers.

Edited by rdavenport

Not a jazz track, but an indie pop-rock one--a lost song by the La's (UK group that recorded one legendary album):

I Am the Key

I played that album to death in 1991! I don't know if you ever heard of The Coral - another Liverpudlian group (they seem to have disappeared after about 2004). I always felt they were cut from the same cloth, right down to their singer being a dead ringer for Lee Mavers.

I've heard of them, but I haven't actually heard them--thanks, rdavenport, I'll check 'em out. A lot of that La's stuff from 1987-90 just strikes me as pop genius.