Report: Michael Jackson has died

Interesting blog today from Lisa Marie Presley:

He Knew.

Years ago Michael and I were having a deep conversation about life in general.

I can't recall the exact subject matter but he may have been questioning me about the circumstances of my Fathers Death.

At some point he paused, he stared at me very intensely and he stated with an almost calm certainty, "I am afraid that I am going to end up like him, the way he did."

I promptly tried to deter him from the idea, at which point he just shrugged his shoulders and nodded almost matter of fact as if to let me know, he knew what he knew and that was kind of that.

14 years later I am sitting here watching on the news an ambulance leaves the driveway of his home, the big gates, the crowds outside the gates, the coverage, the crowds outside the hospital, the Cause of death and what may have led up to it and the memory of this conversation hit me, as did the unstoppable tears.

A predicted ending by him, by loved ones and by me, but what I didn't predict was how much it was going to hurt when it finally happened.

The person I failed to help is being transferred right now to the LA County Coroners office for his Autopsy.

All of my indifference and detachment that I worked so hard to achieve over the years has just gone into the bowels of hell and right now I am gutted.

I am going to say now what I have never said before because I want the truth out there for once.

Our relationship was not "a sham" as is being reported in the press. It was an unusual relationship yes, where two unusual people who did not live or know a "Normal life" found a connection, perhaps with some suspect timing on his part. Nonetheless, I do believe he loved me as much as he could love anyone and I loved him very much.

I wanted to "save him" I wanted to save him from the inevitable which is what has just happened.

His family and his loved ones also wanted to save him from this as well but didn't know how and this was 14 years ago. We all worried that this would be the outcome then.

At that time, In trying to save him, I almost lost myself.

He was an incredibly dynamic force and power that was not to be underestimated.

When he used it for something good, It was the best and when he used it for something bad, It was really, REALLY bad.

Mediocrity was not a concept that would even for a second enter Michael Jackson's being or actions.

I became very ill and emotionally/ spiritually exhausted in my quest to save him from certain self-destructive behavior and from the awful vampires and leeches he would always manage to magnetize around him.

I was in over my head while trying.

I had my children to care for, I had to make a decision.

The hardest decision I have ever had to make, which was to walk away and let his fate have him, even though I desperately loved him and tried to stop or reverse it somehow.

After the Divorce, I spent a few years obsessing about him and what I could have done different, in regret.

Then I spent some angry years at the whole situation.

At some point, I truly became Indifferent, until now.

As I sit here overwhelmed with sadness, reflection and confusion at what was my biggest failure to date, watching on the news almost play by play The exact Scenario I saw happen on August 16th, 1977 happening again right now with Michael (A sight I never wanted to see again) just as he predicted, I am truly, truly gutted.

Any ill experience or words I have felt towards him in the past has just died inside of me along with him.

He was an amazing person and I am lucky to have gotten as close to him as I did and to have had the many experiences and years that we had together.

I desperately hope that he can be relieved from his pain, pressure and turmoil now.

He deserves to be free from all of that and I hope he is in a better place or will be.

I also hope that anyone else who feels they have failed to help him can be set free because he hopefully finally is.

The World is in shock but somehow he knew exactly how his fate would be played out some day more than anyone else knew, and he was right.

I really needed to say this right now, thanks for listening.

~LMP

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even Mark in Indiana knows PeteAbe. He happens to write the most popular baseball blog in New York: Lower Hudson Valley AKA Journal-News "LoHud" baseball blog

I happen to live in Westchester County, but wouldn't be caught dead reading that rag!

The sports reporting has won more AP awards in the last three years than any other paper in NY.

That may be so, but the Journal News is still a rag.

Anyway, at least we know there will be a Michael Jackson week on Idol next year!!!

Btw, MJ shared a birthday with Charlie Parker, Dinah Washington, Rebecca DeMornay and ..........ME!!!

How does that make you all feel? :)

...indifference :cool: .

Edited by sheldonm

...No one here can claim to know for sure whether or not he molested children.

It's my recollection that he admitted to sleeping with young boys. He just denied molesting them when he was in bed with them.

That's enough to make me disregard whatever talent he had, and whatever music he created.

I disregarded the "talent" and the music first.

Interesting blog today from Lisa Marie Presley:

He Knew.

Years ago Michael and I were having a deep conversation about life in general.

I can't recall the exact subject matter but he may have been questioning me about the circumstances of my Fathers Death.

At some point he paused, he stared at me very intensely and he stated with an almost calm certainty, "I am afraid that I am going to end up like him, the way he did."

I promptly tried to deter him from the idea, at which point he just shrugged his shoulders and nodded almost matter of fact as if to let me know, he knew what he knew and that was kind of that.

14 years later I am sitting here watching on the news an ambulance leaves the driveway of his home, the big gates, the crowds outside the gates, the coverage, the crowds outside the hospital, the Cause of death and what may have led up to it and the memory of this conversation hit me, as did the unstoppable tears.

A predicted ending by him, by loved ones and by me, but what I didn't predict was how much it was going to hurt when it finally happened.

The person I failed to help is being transferred right now to the LA County Coroners office for his Autopsy.

All of my indifference and detachment that I worked so hard to achieve over the years has just gone into the bowels of hell and right now I am gutted.

I am going to say now what I have never said before because I want the truth out there for once.

Our relationship was not "a sham" as is being reported in the press. It was an unusual relationship yes, where two unusual people who did not live or know a "Normal life" found a connection, perhaps with some suspect timing on his part. Nonetheless, I do believe he loved me as much as he could love anyone and I loved him very much.

I wanted to "save him" I wanted to save him from the inevitable which is what has just happened.

His family and his loved ones also wanted to save him from this as well but didn't know how and this was 14 years ago. We all worried that this would be the outcome then.

At that time, In trying to save him, I almost lost myself.

He was an incredibly dynamic force and power that was not to be underestimated.

When he used it for something good, It was the best and when he used it for something bad, It was really, REALLY bad.

Mediocrity was not a concept that would even for a second enter Michael Jackson's being or actions.

I became very ill and emotionally/ spiritually exhausted in my quest to save him from certain self-destructive behavior and from the awful vampires and leeches he would always manage to magnetize around him.

I was in over my head while trying.

I had my children to care for, I had to make a decision.

The hardest decision I have ever had to make, which was to walk away and let his fate have him, even though I desperately loved him and tried to stop or reverse it somehow.

After the Divorce, I spent a few years obsessing about him and what I could have done different, in regret.

Then I spent some angry years at the whole situation.

At some point, I truly became Indifferent, until now.

As I sit here overwhelmed with sadness, reflection and confusion at what was my biggest failure to date, watching on the news almost play by play The exact Scenario I saw happen on August 16th, 1977 happening again right now with Michael (A sight I never wanted to see again) just as he predicted, I am truly, truly gutted.

Any ill experience or words I have felt towards him in the past has just died inside of me along with him.

He was an amazing person and I am lucky to have gotten as close to him as I did and to have had the many experiences and years that we had together.

I desperately hope that he can be relieved from his pain, pressure and turmoil now.

He deserves to be free from all of that and I hope he is in a better place or will be.

I also hope that anyone else who feels they have failed to help him can be set free because he hopefully finally is.

The World is in shock but somehow he knew exactly how his fate would be played out some day more than anyone else knew, and he was right.

I really needed to say this right now, thanks for listening.

~LMP

Interesting. Thanks for posting that.

Apart from the hype and scandal, Jackson was of the most purely gifted entertainers of our lifetime. Perhaps he is among the last to have come up in a time when the old-school entertainment work ethic was in full-force. Even though he came up in it as a child, he obviously picked up the skill set and work ethic.

The man had huge problems but he also had huge skills. Neither should be either overlooked nor denied.

I heard "Billie Jean" on the radio last night for the first time in...probably...10 years. A Perfect Pop Record if ever there was one, and far from the only one the man made. Still and yet once again, if it were that easy, it would all be at that level. Obviously it's not.

I was never a "fan" in the pop culture sense of the word, but both Thriller & Off The Wall are definitive statements that anybody with even half an interest in either the musical or social evolution of Popular America will find fundamental to any sort of understanding.

And this:

soul1.jpg

is one of the hippest things I've bought in the last 5 years.

I was never a "fan" in the pop culture sense of the word, but both Thriller & Off The Wall are definitive statements that anybody with even half an interest in either the musical or social evolution of Popular America will find fundamental to any sort of understanding.

New Rap Song Samples 'Billie Jean' In Its Entirety, Adds Nothing

September 23, 1997 | Issue 32•08

NEW YORK—Noted rapper/producer Sean "Puffy" Combs released his hotly anticipated new single Tuesday, "Tha Kidd (Is Not My Son)," which samples Michael Jackson's 1983 smash "Billie Jean" in its entirety and adds nothing. "When I was in the studio mixing and recording, I decided 'Tha Kidd' would work best if I kept all the music and vocals from the original version and then didn't rap over it," Combs said. "So what I did is put in a tape with 'Billie Jean' on it, and then I hit record. The thing turned out great." Combs' current number-one hit, "Eye Of The Tiger," is dedicated to slain rapper Notorious B.I.G.

Even Mark in Indiana knows PeteAbe. He happens to write the most popular baseball blog in New York: Lower Hudson Valley AKA Journal-News "LoHud" baseball blog

I happen to live in Westchester County, but wouldn't be caught dead reading that rag!

The sports reporting has won more AP awards in the last three years than any other paper in NY.

That may be so, but the Journal News is still a rag.

Anyway, at least we know there will be a Michael Jackson week on Idol next year!!!

Btw, MJ shared a birthday with Charlie Parker, Dinah Washington, Rebecca DeMornay and ..........ME!!!

How does that make you all feel? :)

...indifference :cool: .

Good for you! I was just trying to put all this nonsense in perspective for ya. Bird, someone we all worship, is just as flawed as MJ and has the same b'day!

now i share my birthday with duke ellington and was born the day cat anderson died - how does that make you feel...

the sales person at the organic food shop was already complaining about having to listen to mj all day at work... but then i got a 4 euro bread for free so i'm not complaining...

but then i got a 4 euro bread for free so i'm not complaining...

One of those fancy pumpernickel and sunflower breads? :excited:

:)

it was called "urbrot" (ancient bread?), and seems to be a pretty ordinary bread with rye, tastes excellent though, bought much older bread at the full price elsewhere often enough, no idea why it was priced so high (actually never went to that store because it looked like an expensive place from the outside but they got this nice box with vegetables that still look half-decent, today i got broccoli for 1 euro a kilogramm and it's even organic...)

Spinning Off The Wall now. He sure got creepy, but this album is great. RIP.

Absolutely. No single artist, not even Elvis himself, spanned such extremes as did Michael Jackson. Jackson's highs were brilliant. His lows were abysmal. Listening to "Off the Wall" right now, myself. To me, this album represents one of the great missed opportunities in music history (great as it is): One of the tracks, "I Can't Help It," was written by Stevie Wonder. Can you imagine what a Stevie written and produced Michael Jackson album would have sounded like?

Another one of the great missed opportunities also involves Michael: The song "Bad" was originally conceived as a duet for Michael and Prince. They wound up not doing it (Prince claims because they couldn't agree who would sing the line, "Your butt is mine...") and I think it's tragic that they didn't. A Michael Jackson and Prince collaboration...the mind reels.

Tragic? WTF? Oh well, they never collaborated. Big fucking deal.

Tragic is what that POS did to little boys.

And now there's this... http://awkwardstar.wordpress.com/2009/06/2...ichael-jackson/

If true, perhaps there's the real "tragedy."

My late wife Helen always maintained she thought that MJ was weird, but not a pederast. She thought that he settled this case to just make it go away even though it was pure fantasy for money, and she thought that he did love children and did want to be with children in intimate, close ways but that he wouldn't abuse or hurt children.

It was just her gut feeling. I wasn't as sure as she, but I felt she could have been right. She would enjoy seeing that confession from Chandler and hoped it was true.

Edited by jazzbo

Talk about a wasted opportunity... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tgTjyJfxbw

DAMN!

Same thing only different, longer, & weirder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CoxNzOOoQU...feature=related

JB, MJ, & 12px-Theartist.jpg JB undercuts Michael w/that tempo change, & then Prince goes mental and fucks everybody up by actin' a signifyin' fool!

Yeah, nice move, getting James MF Brown to hold your jacket while you do...wait, what did he do? Oh, that's right...not much of anything!