Some people have problems accessing Organissimo

Claude

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do some ISP servers (or whatever they use) update (or whatever it is they do) a list of active domain names more regularly than others? Is that why some people could get on and some not, even though your domain name expired?

Teach me, 'cause I don't know how this stuff works. Please!

And you're lucky - I keep hearing about these predatory types who swoop in and snap up expired domain names in a flash and then "hold them hostage".

Glad that all is well. :tup

I'm not sure but I think some people might've been able to get on because their computer or their browser stores the IP address along with the domain name instead of relying on the domain name server to supply the IP address. Maybe. I'm not sure.

As far as people snatching up expired names... it used to be a problem but now most places give you up to 30 days after the expiration date to renew before they release the domain into the public. By that time you should notice something is wrong (like we did today).

This site is setup to be automatically renewed but I guess my server guy changed banks and thus credit cards and forgot to update the information with the DNS people. We just happened to be the first website on his servers that expired this year! :party:

It looks like www.nessa.com expires in June of this year.

Registrant

Vertical Axis, Inc

General Post Office - PO Box 287

Central, 

HK

Registrar..: IARegistry.com (http://www.iaregistry.com)

NESSA.COM

Created on..............: 01-Jun-2001

Expires on..............: 01-Jun-2004

Administrative Contact:

Administrator, Domain  mail1@verticalaxis.com

Vertical Axis, Inc

Central,    HK

+852.6255.4530

Technical Contact:

Administrator, Domain  mail1@verticalaxis.com

Vertical Axis, Inc

Central,    HK

+852.6255.4530

Name servers for this domain:

NS1.VERTICALAXIS.COM                  64.40.99.1

NS2.VERTICALAXIS.COM                  64.40.102.1

That aforementioned SnapDragon service is $69 and there's no guarantee you'll get the domain name. Forget about it! :) Just keep watching via whois.com and you might be able to snatch it youself.

I'm back on again. Didn't realize how much I would miss this board for a day. I had all kinds of stuff to say yesterday (mostly about the Patriots!), so everyone is lucky! I forgot it all today.

In the meantime, Jim Sangrey, I can imagine you posting to yourself all day long yesterday...how wuz that like?? :P;):lol:

We're all in it for the post count, be honest!

I had problems on Monday, 10 p.m. CET and gave up three hours later. I use Opera and didn't try IE. This morning everything was fine again.

I never imagined how much I would miss this board, especially with my BT guesses ready for posting! :o

In the meantime, Jim Sangrey, I can imagine you posting to yourself all day long yesterday...how wuz that like?? :P;):lol:

I've been married for 20 years, have two teenagers, and still have to deal with the "you call that music?" syndrome pertneer every damn where I go.

How do you THINK it was? :g:g:g

Back on topic: I had some problems, too, yesterday. At noon I could log in (not in the morning), and somewhen late night I was out again. The funniest thing was: I could get to the site by replacing ".org" with ".net", but then I could not log in. And I was still listed in the active users list for some time. So I was standing there, unable to log in and post, and see, I AM still logged... speak of multiple personality... :o

ubu B)