• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This afternoon.

R-8315904-1459284604-5222.jpeg.jpg

This borders on commercial Latin dance orchestra performances, very short tracks, engaged playing of the rhythm section but Cuban or Puerto Rican versions of Brazilian grooves soind stiff incomparison. Puente plays some vibes and marimba. I'd say only for diehard Puentists.

3 minutes ago, John Tapscott said:

Duke Ellington's Spaceman- The Cosmic Scene-- CD - 8401240032 - oficjalne  archiwum Allegro

Need to give that a spin these days. But they could have spelled Jimmy Woode's name correctly.

Edited by mikeweil

Ein Sof by The Assif Tsahar Trio (1997); Susie Ibarra in full swing. 

R-2844816-1543343135-8520.jpeg.jpg

Yankees by Derek Bailey, George Lewis (the younger!) and John Zorn (1983). 

R-650758-1457716712-6657.jpeg.jpg

This is one of the few Zorn performances that I return to, along with News for Lulu with the same players minus Derek. I never quite understood the reason for the baseball theme for this Transatlantic partnership, but it is all fun.

Edited by Rabshakeh

20 hours ago, optatio said:

Agreed, saw him 1990 in Hamburg ...

Yes, I remember this Group, I think I saw so many Miles Davis Performances I don´t remember which one was in which year. 

But I remember one Thing: Kei Akagi was the musician who fascinated me most, he was really taking care of Business, the rest…….well it was that Kind of latterday Miles Performances, more Show than Performance, and oh Boy...…...those silly clothes ! I don´t know who was Miles´ Fashion guide, but to wear wide trousers like he did, for a short guy…..makes him lookin even Shorter and quite hefty…… and once he was really a well dressed man. And Kenny Garret, all those Colors, impossible....

But as I said, Kei Akagi was really a big , a very big surprise, such a great virtuoso and great musician ! 

SFJazz_MusicofMilesDavis.jpg

"SFJAZZ Collective: Music of Miles Davis & Original Compositions, Live SF Jazz Center, 2016" disc 2, Original compositions

Alto Saxophone – Miguel Zenón
Bass – Matt Penman
Drums – Obed Calvaire
Liner Notes – Jesse Hamlin
Piano – Edward Simon
Tenor Saxophone – David Sánchez
Trombone – Robin Eubanks
Trumpet – Sean Jones 
Vibraphone – Warren Wolf