Connoisseur Wish List for 2007

bertrand

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy Haynes, "People" (Pacific Jazz)

I'm with you on that one, PLUS:

Mastersounds 'In Concert' (Pacific Jazz)

Montgomery Brothers 'Plus 5 Others' (Pacific Jazz)

The Haynes album is sweet. I'd love to see that one too.

I want a Mastersounds Mosaic box (big). There's plenty of material for a full set.

"The Montgomery Brothers Plus 5 Others" (along with some of those other rare PJ LP's) have already been out on CD ("Far Wes" and "Fingerpickin"), but maybe the sound could be upgraded for those who want a new release.

And for cryin' out loud, it's time for FREEDOM, already. <_<

What about the John Handys for Roulette?

I like the first two Handy Roulettes , and there is a third , so a double-CD would be needed .

Staying with Roulette , how about the two Bill Russo big band sides , School of Rebellion and Seven Deadly Sins on one CD ?

BillRussoonRoulette2.jpg

BillRussoonRoulette.jpg

the McLean, Handy, Washington, Young, Smith all sound great to me. Also, the Art Blakey Roulettes, especially 'Gypsy Folk Tales', which introduced the mind-blowing Bobby Watson to the world (at least my world). Also, the missing McCoy Tyner and Bobby Hutcherson 70's Blue Note material if the Mosaic Selects aren't going to happen (they keep getting bumped).

Randomly picking from a list (never heard any of the albums):

Harold Vick - Steppin' Out

Ike Quebec - Congo Lament

Sonny Redd - Out Of The Blue

Walter Davis Jr - Davis Cup

Freddie Redd - Shades of Redd (again?)

And yes please to Art Hodes and other early Blue Note albums.

Randomly picking from a list (never heard any of the albums):

Harold Vick - Steppin' Out

Ike Quebec - Congo Lament

Sonny Redd - Out Of The Blue

Walter Davis Jr - Davis Cup

Freddie Redd - Shades of Redd (again?)

And yes please to Art Hodes and other early Blue Note albums.

I think all of the above apart from 'Congo Lament' have previously been out as Conns. They all need to be available again though. The Harold Vick in particular.

Not sure 'Congo Lament' has ever been on CD (I have an LP of it with the weird monkey-in-earmuffs jungle scene :crazy: ). Good music though !

Not sure 'Congo Lament' has ever been on CD (I have an LP of it with the weird monkey-in-earmuffs jungle scene :crazy: ). Good music though !

All tracks from Congo Lament were reissued on Ike Quebec's Easy Living (Blue Note CDP 7 46846-2). Three tracks appeared on the Japanese "Blue Note Works" CD version (Toshiba TOCJ-4103): "See See Rider", "Congo Lament", and "Que's Pill".

Edited by J.A.W.

All tracks from Congo Lament were reissued on Ike Quebec's Easy Living (Blue Note CDP 7 46846-2). Three tracks appeared on the Japanese "Blue Note Works" CD version (Toshiba TOCJ-4103): "See See Rider", "Congo Lament", and "Que's Pill".

It's also on the Bennie Green Mosaic Select, I believe.