Your most common source for music purchases?

Dan Gould

Where Do You Get Your Music?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I answered number 2 which, to me, includes number 3.

Well shoot me but I was trying to distinguish between the mighty Amazon 800 lb gorilla and the small to mid-size businesses that use their service to sell to consumers.

I took the difference to mean Amazons "retail" price vs. what is very often obtained cheaper new or used via Marketplace or private sellers. I'm a #3 but often buy via half.com as well. They would be my top 2.

Edited by mikelz777

I answered number 2 which, to me, includes number 3.

Well shoot me but I was trying to distinguish between the mighty Amazon 800 lb gorilla and the small to mid-size businesses that use their service to sell to consumers.

But I generally go to whoever has the best price (and that includes other internet retailers such as yourmusic). So I chose #2 as just a general internet category. And if it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer not to shoot you. :P

I'm all over the map. . . cduniverse. . . yourmusic. . . half.com. . . amazon markeptlace. . .bricks and mortars. . .private individuals. . . .

I chose the final option.

Last option.

That's me also -- though I do love go to a B & M, and just look around and make an impulse buy.

Support Independently Owned Small Business

The only time I ever buy any music from a place like Amazon or B&N is when I get a gift certificate.

I spend 75% of my music money at my local shop, and I sure do hope Dusty Groove is Independently owned, or I'm a hypocrite once again. :P

Bill

Went with the "no single place" category. But almost all (probably over 90%) online, with eBay, Amazon Marketplace and yourmusic the leaders. Concord really skewed things this year! J&R has occasional sales (OJCs $6.99, Blue Notes $7.99) which get sporadic moderate orders. I'm in a rural area, but try to support the one semi-local (independent) shop worth visiting.

Bricks & Mortar - or in Terry's case, a stall in Pontypridd Market - is where I buy most albums - 40 this year so far.

But CD Universe is not far behind, with 34, then Amazon UK - almost always the marketplace vendors - 20.

Then 18-20 others share the other hundred or so.

The top 3 take just over half my spend.

MG