Sonny Clark complete Blue Note announced.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, JSngry said:

A few have gotten pissed off. Some people have died too. And some just move on. It's all a natural progression.

I'm sure the Hoffman board welcomes your participation! Don't keep them waiting!

Are you trying to drive people away?  

13 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

Glad that you continue to post here as well, Brad. I enjoy the Hoffman forums from time to time for certain specific artist topics + the jazz discussion that jazzbo mentioned, but there are so many ongoing active threads that it’s an awfully big pool for me to splash around in on a daily basis. Organissimo remains by far my favorite place for discussion of jazz, baseball, books, etc. (Although I don’t even need the etc as long as I have the first three!)

Great news that the Clark is already shipping. There’s more good news coming later this year! 😉 

Lon’s thread is very good and not too much drama.  There is also a Mosaic thread, although the one here is better. You should check out the baseball and books threads there. Very active. 

I was in the habit of always telling my wife how much I preferred the cooking at Ruth's Diner over her's.

I finally realized how rude that was when Ruth's Diner closed and my wife told me that I should go find Ruth and get her to cook for me. 

On 7/14/2023 at 10:22 AM, Brad said:

I actually enjoy the Hoffman Forum more than here. 

Just came to +1 this. This site should rename itself as a Mosaic Records fan site. As near as I can tell, that's the only thing people want to talk about here that is related to music. And the threads are no more substantive than the ones at the Hoffman forum. Just people getting excited about getting tracking numbers, telling everyone when their set arrived in the mail. Then...nothing. No discussion of the music, no discussion of anything of substance. 

This Sonny Clark set also just exemplifies everything that is wrong with Mosaic now. Recycling releases on CD that have mostly been easily available for years, mining the exact same musical territory to increasingly diminishing returns, refusing to branch out into different genres and eras of jazz or ways of presenting the music. Mosaic's catalog is the best argument I know of that jazz as a genre really is dead, and Organissimo's devotion to this label has killed the discourse here. 

Alright, I'll go back to the hole I crawled out from now. 

18 minutes ago, Eric said:

Yes - this is a great thread and by far the sanest place over there to discuss jazz.

I've never had any interest in the Hoffman board - no disrespect intended, I already waste enough time on Internet forums and am not looking to increase - but a recommendation including "by far the sanest place over there" doesn't exactly come across as glowing. 🤣

54 minutes ago, T.D. said:

I've never had any interest in the Hoffman board - no disrespect intended, I already waste enough time on Internet forums and am not looking to increase - but a recommendation including "by far the sanest place over there" doesn't exactly come across as glowing. 🤣

It’s a great thread and some good and varied participants listening to a lot of different jazz, and some non jazz too. 

4 hours ago, Face of the Bass said:

Just came to +1 this. This site should rename itself as a Mosaic Records fan site. As near as I can tell, that's the only thing people want to talk about here that is related to music. And the threads are no more substantive than the ones at the Hoffman forum. Just people getting excited about getting tracking numbers, telling everyone when their set arrived in the mail. Then...nothing. No discussion of the music, no discussion of anything of substance. 

This Sonny Clark set also just exemplifies everything that is wrong with Mosaic now. Recycling releases on CD that have mostly been easily available for years, mining the exact same musical territory to increasingly diminishing returns, refusing to branch out into different genres and eras of jazz or ways of presenting the music. Mosaic's catalog is the best argument I know of that jazz as a genre really is dead, and Organissimo's devotion to this label has killed the discourse here. 

Alright, I'll go back to the hole I crawled out from now. 

I disagree completely. If you look throughout the threads there is quite active discussion.

I thought you were going to quit this Forum. Guess not.