Welcome back!

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, a tip of the hat to Jim for getting this ship righted .

I would like to join the other senescents in calling for a larger-sized typeface . Count me among those who prefer the old peach & lavender color scheme as well . This blue skin is rather generic , and this place now looks like a lot of other boards , including the one at allaboutjazz . I notice that all the personal photos in the member profiles are gone as well .

Good to be back! Just one thing; Where are the links to Amazon, CDnow etc that we can use to buy music and donate to Organissimo? Can't find them!

See Jim's post #4 in this thread:

There are still some skinning issues I need to contend with, like adding a donate button again, the CDUniverse search bar, etc. I'll get to that later, but for all intents and purposes we are back in action!

First off, a tip of the hat to Jim for getting this ship righted .

I would like to join the other senescents in calling for a larger-sized typeface . Count me among those who prefer the old peach & lavender color scheme as well . This blue skin is rather generic , and this place now looks like a lot of other boards , including the one at allaboutjazz . I notice that all the personal photos in the member profiles are gone as well .

I will create a larger font skin soon. I will not go back to the lavendar and peach however. I am going to work on this skin a bit more to create a look that coincides with the look of the new organissimo homepage.

The personal section of the forum is completely new, which is why the photos are no longer there. It uses an entirely different set of code. But I think it is pretty neat! I am toying with the idea of adding blog capabilities to the software, which means you could all have your own blog hosted here, have a friends network, etc.

Sorry Alfredo, but the new forum blows: its like what happened when they changed the BNBB all up-- it doesnt crash my browser, but now it asks for my password everytime i go on, and doesnt save my cookies or something. the old look was way better too.

Chewy says: REISSUE THE OLD ORGANSISSMO board

This software is using a more secure form of cookies. Most likely your browser is out of date and doesn't recognize them. I suggest updating your browser. I remember you saying your computer is older. If you're using IE and cannot update, I suggest switching to Firefox as it is smaller, more efficient, and will probably run better on your machine.

I am not restoring the "old" board. I couldn't even if I wanted to.

Just now that I started getting used to live without this board .....

..... just kiding. The looks are alright with me - I like something new every now and then, and never really warmed to that violet and peach look. If it's so much work to program different color schemes - I can live without these choices.

It's more important that the post counts are saved ..... :P

Without this place to lurk I ended up deconstructing an old TT and then started rebuilding it. Mostly I have taken everything completely apart cleaned, lubed and replaced a few simple parts. The tone-arm will be the first major piece to be replaced, as that one that came with it has the wrong head shell, therefore the nickel bolted to the top so that it will balance. I was pleased just to get in back together so that it works. I have listened to it through head phones but have not hooked it up to speakers yet. I have no idea what it will look like when I'm done, although I do like having the platter, tone-arm and motor as three separate units.

(BB) TT 1.0

post-1694-1183343604.jpg