jazzbo

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/16/2023 at 1:31 PM, porcy62 said:

Just preordered BUT Vat included and I’ll pay it again to the shipper AND 40$ international shipping to Italy, not a bargain for sure.

If you ordered directly from Mosaic there is no VAT included, they do not use the EU IOSS ("Import One Stop Shop") scheme as far as I know. Within the EU you pay VAT on arrival of an order from outside the EU, unless the non-EU seller uses IOSS, in that case VAT is charged at check-out if the total value does not exceed 150 euros, and no VAT is due on arrival.

By the way - and this might be of interest to EU residents - Belgian store TYQMusic is currently offering the Byas Mosaic for 189 euros (pre-order) plus shipping. They told me they're expecting the set mid- or late December: TYQMusic

Edited by J.A.W.

On 11/30/2023 at 11:57 PM, J.A.W. said:

Belgian store TYQMusic is currently offering the Byas Mosaic for 189 euros (pre-order) plus shipping. They told me they're expecting the set mid- or late December: TYQMusic

Just ordered, for the usual jazz messengers shop in Spain don't show any preorder. TYQ charged immediately my credit card. Cross fingers...

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

The place in Belgium, TYQ Music (I think it is called) seem to have it in stock.

Message to self - order from them or JM in future to save a load of hassle and delay.

TYQMusic do not have it in stock. The owner, Mark Steyaert, told me yesterday Mosaic had informed him that something had gone wrong with TYQMusic's order, and it won't be filled until mid- or late January at the earliest.

Edited by J.A.W.

50 minutes ago, J.A.W. said:

TYQMusic do not have it in stock. The owner, Mark Steyaert, told me yesterday Mosaic had informed him that something had gone wrong with TYQMusic's order, and it won't be filled until mid- or late January at the earliest.

OK - It was listed under 'new arrivals' so my assumption was that they had copies.

Sounds like they balls-ed up TYQ's order with a delay like the rest of us.

Edited by sidewinder

Received my set today:

1000004080.jpg.b93f7027a1aac6ca43b5b636243daccb.jpg

Beautiful artwork, extensive liner notes by L.Schoenberg.

Can't wait to listen. First I have to rip the CDs - very unfortunate that the CD information is not available in online databases like AccurateRip. Someone should ask Mosaic to populate these databases so that the track titles can be obtained automatically when ripping the CDs.

They could also create a release on Discogs, as most ripping software can get the information from there as well. If I decide to create a release on Discogs myself, I will reference it here in this thread.

The session info is available here: https://www.mosaicrecords.com/product/classic-don-byas-sessions/

Edited by hopkins